Great Lumia 950 and 950XL deal

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Great Lumia 950 and 950XL deal

Anybody notice the great Lumia 950 XL and 950 deal? The Microsoft Store Canada has the deal where you buy a 950 XL and get a 950 for free. That's close to half price. The sale will be over very soon.  Team up and buy, buy and sell the other, etc. Check it out.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Great Lumia 950 and 950XL deal

Heads up, the deal is back. This only lasted a few days last time so act fast. Same deal, same great store (Microsoft Canada). We are really enjoying our Lumia 950 XL and 950. 

You can see the offer in the tiles below the main banner. 

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/home

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @kw1,

Thank you for your post. Sounds like a great offer, is anybody in the Community considering it?

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I put my order in before I posted here. Smiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Couldn't find the deal. Could you post a link?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The deal was so popular the Microsoft Canada and US store ended it a day and a half early; it was gone before the weekend. Sorry you missed it. You can google search the news and see reports of the offer.

I did search GTA kijiji and found a bunch of people who appeared to take advantage of the deal and were selling one of the two phones at a discounted price. That may be an option. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Heads up, the deal is back. This only lasted a few days last time so act fast. Same deal, same great store (Microsoft Canada). We are really enjoying our Lumia 950 XL and 950. 

You can see the offer in the tiles below the main banner. 

https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/home

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

New Windows Phone Price $549 including dock at the MS Store

Is anybody going to buy the Lumia 950 now that the price is down to $549 and the dock is included (a $129 value if you can use it).   That's a pretty good price for any phone.   I was just about ready to switch to an Android Samsung Edge but my Lumia 920 strangly no longer has battery issues.  It actually works better than ever now.  I have seen some interesting apps but they require Windows 10.   At $549 I could buy a new phone and hand my 920 down to my son who is using a Lumia 7 something that is well past its best before date.  I wonder if anyone else is getting tempted by this new price. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have been thinking about Windows 10 phones, as I love the linkages and conections to Windows 10 PC and tablets that I saw demonstrated a while back. Back in the old days, I had strong integration between first Palm and Windows servers and desktops, and then Blackberry integration, but I have never been satisfied with any of the new solutions.

My primary computing device has always been my laptop with the other devices for mobility - I am not much of a text or voice user, so I would really love to get to a point where I was thinking in only one mondel.

Deal sounds nice.

Bruce

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think the 950, at the right price, is a nice phone.  The only real negative about that model is that the Hello feature is not up to par.  Most people  would likely end up using the traditional number code entry to unlock it.  Too bad they didn't make the finger print reader an option like the new HP Windows 10 phone.   Some critics of Windows 10 were no doubt referring to the earlier versions of it.   My understanding is that it is pretty good now.  My desktop has Windows 10 and the early versions were a little buggy but not any more.  I expect the mobile version is now bug free as well.   This phone would sure make an upgrade easy as I would just slip in my sim card and set a few options and it's ready to go.    I do wish the price was a bit lower as the free dock device it comes with would not likely see much if any use by me.  

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree, my PC Windows 10 did have some minor glitches on the older BIOS that did not have the advanced power down options required for the quick shutdown and startup (there is a name, but it slips me).

But since then (and yes, it did brick that older computer, but I had 3 other ones, so no big deal, I tested on the oldest one), I now have it on three computers and not a single glitch has happened. As solid as my original 7's, I never did go 8.  Other than the fact I don't really need to replace a phone right now, I would love to try the new windows 10 phones and see how they interface.  My Lenova thinkpad/tablet makes me often feel like I am on a phone as it also has a sim slot so has many of the phone features there, just don't function obviously, although things like airplane mode, wifi, what they used to call charms on windows 8.1 are just like you find on a phone, as well as the settings layout, and PIM functionality.

With time, hopefully Microsoft will find this niche and get it right and out in the market - can't resist - a better idea than developing a 2x optical zoom for a camera, or wireless earbuds.

I look forward to the future panning out well for them and an expansion in apps from the store, which once people start working with the api's and sdk's, it will probably come, first by expanding it on the existing win 10 pc and tablet and surface platform, and people get intrigued about seeing how they work on the phones.

Unfortunately in terms of price, Microsoft with their proprietory products are pretending they are apple (example the surface), but at least with Microsoft, they have partners who may start pushing devices out at cheaper prices - Microsoft knows the benefits, like Android of putting their OS on many devices.

Good discussion.

Bruce