Google phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Google phone

I have a rocket stick sierra wireless lte using vista on my HP Pavilion laptop.  I like google phone and it works in wireless cafe using my laptop.  However, on the road, using the rocket stick google phone will dial and I hear someone on the other end but they can not hear me and hang up.  Suggestions really appreciated... thanks

***Edited labels***

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

Re: Google phone

Is it happening everywhere on the road?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yes happens everywhere.  I can hear them very clearly but they can't hear me.  I now have a new laptop Panasonic cf-53 tough book.  When I use the rocket stick i get 4 rings and NO pickup on the other end and the google phone just stops after the 4 rings.  With my the HP laptop (above post) at least I can hear the person called. 

Both computers work fine calling through google phone (accessed through gmail) wifi at internet cafes for example but not through the rocket stick.

I Plan to Stick Around

I believe it has to do with port forward I know on my rockethub to get voip to work i had to telent into the hub and turn on sipproxy deamon  linux stuff..ports 5060-5603 must be open both ways for udp i beleive when your in coffe shop they have all common ports forwareded