cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Godaddy Email Account Issue on Note 3

rfelaire
I'm Here A Lot

Let me try to explain this problem in detail hoping to get some answers. Please note that I've exhausted all my efforts in trying to find a solution on the web, Godaddy tech support, Samsung tech support and Rogers tech support:

Here's the case:

In the beginning, I had iphone4s with 4 active email accounts from different sources (rogers yahoo, gmail, bellnet, and godaddy). Three days ago, I purchased Note 3 from Rogers. The phone was activated and got all my iphone stuff migrated to Note 3. All email accounts  are working fine EXCEPT my godaddy account. Please note that in my PC, I get all my emails with no problem including godaddy.

Here's what's happening:

When I receive an email from godaddy account, it shows in my inbox perfectly, BUT AUTOMATICALLY DISAPPEAR WITHIN 5-10 MINS. Emails seem to be deleted automatically from the inbox, although in the general setting, confirm deletions is checked. When emails disappear, they don't even show in the folder since there's no Bin or trash folder. My other question is, why there's only 3 folders there? (inbox, Drafts, Outbox), whereas in my other email accounts with Rogers and Gmail, there are folders for Sent, Recycle bin, Junk, etc...

Here's my settings for godaddy email account:

Incoming server settings as pop.secureserver.net, security (none), port 110, Delete email from server (Never)

Outgoing server as smtpout.secureserver.net, security (none), port 80, require sign-in.

Whom I asked for help:

I called Godaddy tech support and they're saying that there's nothing wrong with my account and it has to be a device specific issue.I called Rogers tech support and the guy advised me to delete and recreate godaddy account on my phone. Same problem.I called Samsung tech support and the girl is saying that there's nothing wrong with phone since my other email accounts are working.

Please help.

Thanks,

Rob

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Godaddy Email Account Issue on Note 3

mmttkk
I'm Here A Lot

Had some folder name problems with GoDaddy on Android and also older Outlook at one point if I was using POP3.

Most of the client GoDaddy emails I pull with my Gmail (Settings -> Forwarding) but have used IMAP on Android mail from their imap.secureserver.net without any issues I can recall.

Try these server/port settings:

https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4714/setting-up-your-email-address-with-imap

Or if you need a bit of a walkthrough - just substitute IMAP steps of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuNUivXnyJw

IMAP in their help article note above seems to indicate some mail clients have issues with folder nomenclature at GoDaddy, and I thought just their company name was strange 😉

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersYves
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Is there a community member who can assist wit this question?  Thank you.

RogersYves

mmttkk
I'm Here A Lot

Had some folder name problems with GoDaddy on Android and also older Outlook at one point if I was using POP3.

Most of the client GoDaddy emails I pull with my Gmail (Settings -> Forwarding) but have used IMAP on Android mail from their imap.secureserver.net without any issues I can recall.

Try these server/port settings:

https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4714/setting-up-your-email-address-with-imap

Or if you need a bit of a walkthrough - just substitute IMAP steps of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuNUivXnyJw

IMAP in their help article note above seems to indicate some mail clients have issues with folder nomenclature at GoDaddy, and I thought just their company name was strange 😉

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation