Glow in the dark remote control buttons

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Glow in the dark remote control buttons

Hi guys,

I just got back from a trip to NYC and the hotel I stayed at had Time Warner cable.  The remote control had glow in the dark buttons which made it easy to see in the dark.

It would be awesome if Rogers could look into this for their remote controls.

I often hit the wrong button when trying to fast forward commercials on my PVR at night.

If anyone from Rogers is checking the forum can you forward this to someone who could look into this.

***Edited labels***

I've Been Around

Re: Glow in the dark remote control buttons

Or even back lighting would be nice , rogers must think nobody watches tv in the dark
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Apparently there IS a backlit controller..

Only know of one person i think on this board who was able to find one.   Been to COUTLESS stores, they have never even seen them.

According to this page it looks like there are a few different backlit remotes, however I've not personally seen or heard of anyone actually having one or being able to get one.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I too have seen someone post they had a lighted remote. My feeling is that they were either expensive, troublesome or unpopular and were discontinued. The Atlas DVR 1056B03 in the link Rogers Shaun posted looks like it's a backlit model, but it's the number I have and it isn't backlit. My Samsung remote has a button I can press that will light the channel and volume up/down buttons, but a blind man could find those and once the batteries are no longer brand new, the buttons light up quite dim. Since few people watch TV in total darkness, it's my opinion that lighted buttons are of limited value.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

You shouldn't  watching TV in the dark anyway Smiley Wink

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Half of the new TVs IR sensors bigger up some of the rogers boxes IR receivers in the dark too Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

My 9865 Nextbox 3, which I got the 1st week it was offered, came with a Backlight remote. The model is 1065B03. I assumed all 9865s came with this.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

Interesting. My remote is also model 1065B03, but not backlit. I'm thinkung they discontinued the backlit model, but continued using parts with the number printed on the back. How long do the batteries last on your backlit remote? I still have the original batteries after 1.5 years.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I got mine in August 2013 and have changed the batteries once that I can remember. The extra drain isn't substantial. I never watch TV in lighting conditions where I need the backlight but it is nice to have.