Give me a good reason to stay with you

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Give me a good reason to stay with you

My cable TV, cable internet and home phone were spread out between Rogers, Teksavvy and  Bell.

Having problems with Teksavvy internet connection last two months, I’ve start looking at Rogers and Bell internet offers. This is what I could get a month ago, August 1st:

Rogers – Home phone with 2 features, internet 25/2 MB unlimited and cable TV basic with two set top boxes approx. $115

Bell – Home phone with call display, internet 25/10 MB unlimited and fibe TV basic with two set top boxes approx. $88

My cable and fibe TV services were overlapping for a week or so and I have been able to compare TV services from Bell and Rogers. For my location they are identical, even Bell tech said I had a pretty good signal from Rogers.

Now my questions:

What is Rogers doing to keep long run customers in their backyard?

Should I stay with Rogers and pay $30 more every month?

I should mention I WAS a Rogers customer for more than 9 years – cable TV and 7 years internet – I left two years ago for Teksavvy because of better price and higher cap limit, 300 Gb instead of 100.

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Give me a good reason to stay with you

Usually and sadly - you are just 1 customer and while many in your position ask these same questions, they always end up staying with Rogers for highspeed , cable and home phone because the choices out there are not as good and the customer svc not much better.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was in a similar position and went to Bell for those services because i felt i was paying too much with Rogers and I soon came right back to Rogers.
I've Been Here Awhile

@pconeill wrote:
I was in a similar position and went to Bell for those services because i felt i was paying too much with Rogers and I soon came right back to Rogers.

May I ask you: WHY did you come back?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, there really is no incentive for any customer to STAY anymore..,

If you have equivelent levels of product available where you are (say rogers/Fibe... and not taking a step down to switch)..

$$ wise at least, it is more benificial for a customer to LEAVE and SWITCH ever 2-3 years... sad as that is 😞

Really for each person.. they need to evaluate WHAT is available, HOW WELL that service works in their area, etc.. as well as cost.
For me for example, Fibe is not available.  Sure, i could save say $40 a month here going with bell.. but i would be on satalite, and 6mbps max DSL... vs cable and a 25mbps package.  BUT.. that $40 savings is only for a term.. then they are pretty much exactly the same. (maybe $10 cheaper.. but at a MUCh reduced internet).

For one person to say ROGERS SUX AND IS ALWAYS DISCONECTING.  Well, that might be true, and may happen to a # of people.. but may be only in certain areas.
One area, could have GREAT cable connections, and BAD phone line one.. making one service better than another.  But another area may be the oposite.

I Plan to Stick Around

I came back because the Bell Internet kept coming to a creeping crawl as far as speed was concerned - way too often, and it was a difficult time trying to get support overseas. 

I've Been Here Awhile

@Gdkitty wrote:

Unfortunately, there really is no incentive for any customer to STAY anymore..,

If you have equivelent levels of product available where you are (say rogers/Fibe... and not taking a step down to switch)..

$$ wise at least, it is more benificial for a customer to LEAVE and SWITCH ever 2-3 years... sad as that is 😞

Really for each person.. they need to evaluate WHAT is available, HOW WELL that service works in their area, etc.. as well as cost.
For me for example, Fibe is not available.  Sure, i could save say $40 a month here going with bell.. but i would be on satalite, and 6mbps max DSL... vs cable and a 25mbps package.  BUT.. that $40 savings is only for a term.. then they are pretty much exactly the same. (maybe $10 cheaper.. but at a MUCh reduced internet).

For one person to say ROGERS SUX AND IS ALWAYS DISCONECTING.  Well, that might be true, and may happen to a # of people.. but may be only in certain areas.
One area, could have GREAT cable connections, and BAD phone line one.. making one service better than another.  But another area may be the oposite.

Strange is Bell offerred me the mentioned deal for two years ( yes I got the confirmation e-mail from them)

On the other hand Rogers offered me their deal only for one year.

As a note, last year Rogers said they can not give me a PVR for free and a 20% discount for the monthly agreementt!!!

And I bought a refurbished PVR for $200 because $25/month for a crappy box is outrageous. This past January I asked for a free regular HD box and they said OK but you have to pay for an extra outlet $7-8/month. What a joke!

I used to pay them $120/month few years ago, now $0

Compared to 2004, Rogers have become a really joke!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Standard bell promo (other than the free box), is only 6 months, so if you (or anyone else) can get that sort of deal, its a good thing.
Some people have mananged to get similar from rogers at times too... it all depends.. different time, different people, differnt reps, different companies, etc.

Again, everyone has to make the right choice for them, in whatever scenario they are in.

There is nothing ANY of these companies are doing to really keep customers.. after the terms are up.. there is no incentive to say, and MORE incentive to switch to the other guy to get the 'new guy promo'... as new rogers customers get a free rental, etc now too, for the length of the term.

If you have comparable services available in your area.. you are better to go back and forth every 2 or so years, etc.

Which REALLY shouldnt be that way.. there should be more done for the person staying/loyal 😞