Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
outcastrc
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

Got it, update found and in progress!!! Smiley Very Happy

outcastrc
I'm Here A Lot

Confirmed! The update is 2.3.3

Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

FINALLY! is the update working fine? 

outcastrc
I'm Here A Lot

Seems fine so far.

jimrebello
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got it too. Update went really smoothly. One annoyance is that it resets all the home screen icons and adds all the bloatware back but so far so good.

Can't say the update was as seamless for my mom's Vibrant on Bell, so I'm glad it went easily for me.

behrangmi
I Plan to Stick Around

What a shame we didn't get 2.3.4!

From those who have installed the new update, do we need to reinstall all the applications? cause in case of 2.2 the cell turned so laggy after the update that I had to flush the app data.

Chrs,

Schwinn
I'm Here A Lot

I'm not sure, but my apps disappeared off the home screen.

My whole issue with the delay is there always seems to be a lack of communication, or believable communication from Rogers.  I'm not an expert on all things digital, but I believe I am smarter than the average bear.  They gave me the run around for why I couldn't tether (it costs them to program my phone to be deactivated), lied about throttling (sorry, bandwidth shaping), even though I watched my DL speed drop suddenly to 1/100th of the speed at a specific time, told me everything was fine in the neighbourhood with the tvs, it was just my TV, as I'm watching the fifth Rogers truck pull into my neighbourhood to someone's house, and there's a honking huge service truck down the street at the exchange point, and they go silent about the update, or point the finger at Samsung, when, while it may be true they have to wait for Samsung to finish the program, it's their bloatware and specifications to disable certain features that are causing the delay.

I just want to be treated fairly and honestly, not given the run around, or treated with silence when there's an issue.  Makes me question everything a company says or does.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

Does Samsung/Rogers not offer over the air updates?  I'm a currently a Nexus One user and waiting for the SGS2 but I'm not sure I want a phone that has to connect to a PC for updates - especially seeing they never seem to publish the apps for Linux machines.

Zizo0727
I Plan to Stick Around

Confirmed from me as well that Kies will upgrade your SGH-I896 to 2.3.3.

Performs waaaaaaay better than 2.2.  Also, the phone dialer makes more sense, they replaced the redundant voicemail key with a text messaging key..... well done Samsung.

dlwnsxor
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been waiting months for this gb update and it seems to be finally out...

but now my captivate won't connect to kies...fml