Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

I've decided the only way to at least get some NEWS on the udpate is by spamming Rogers with tweets. My 2 latest tweets

@RogersKeith @RogersBob @Rogers_Chris Is Rogers planning on releasing android 2.3 for Captivate soon or give us any updates at least?

Wonder if @RogersBuzz will ever bother to release android 2.3 for captivate?! Bell is just looking better every day.

The more people that keep spamming them the better chance we have come on everyone! 

Follow me @gabanitin for daily rogers tweets beginning today until we get a reply. Retweet or send tweets of your own! 

Edit: Tweet by samsung canada: Android 2.3.3 upgrade now available for Galaxy S Vibrant & Fascinate 3G+! Captivate customers pls stay tuned! http://spr.ly/6018RrO8

response  @samsungcanada Captivate users are getting #impatient the Vibrant update was released over a month ago and we still wait!

mtaylor
I Plan to Stick Around

Lastest response was nope sorry nothing new
ShadNuke
I Plan to Stick Around

You bet my warranty covers water damage. I bought an extended warranty thru a company here. I can get 1 handset replacement, I also get a free battery when mine starts to not hold a proper charge. Plus in house repairs as many times as I need. Thats the benefit of dealing with a locally owned small company.

@BuckMacklin wrote:

>>I think I will dip my phone in the toilet, go get a new one with my warranty

I seriously doubt your warranty covers water damage.

ShadNuke
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Captivate update to version 2.3

@ArjunR wrote:

^^^^

I agree with you ( Not NECESSARILY about the "ROBBERS" part, although I agree that Rogers has some practices which can be at times frustrating).

Why rely on Rogers.

Just flash a custom Rom.

Save yourself the Hassel.

Plus then you can OC your CPU. You will get more free Ram on Custom Roms + other speed tricks. GPS will be improved. You can get Voodoo Sound.

There are many benefits to Rooting.

Edit:

I recemend Checking out XDA Devs or Howardfoums if you need more support ( this site dosen't get much traffic from more... "knowledable" posters. I don't even check this site weekly, yet im on Howard forums Daily.)

I have dealt with "Robbers`before. When they went through the AT&T switch, supposedly I owed them $1700 for a contract that was 2 months from expiry. They took me to court to get said cash. So I went the route to make a proposal through a credit company and all was set. 4 months into my payments, I got a call from ``Robbers`` telling me there was no account number listed to my name, and that there was no outstanding balance that needed to be paid. Here`s the real funny part, I had CANCELLED cheques in my hand, stating they had been cashed by ``Robbers``. I tried like **bleep** to get my money back, but they had no record of the money they stole from me and for some reason my cancelled cashed cheques weren`t enough to get my money back. This past Christmas, I decided to see if they had changed their malicious ways, and all has been ``OK`` and I say this hesitantly. They need to get thier crap sorted and get us this update! Everyone else has it, why can`t we have it too?????

If MTS offered decent smartphones I would go to them, but the whole "NO SIM CARD" idea is BS. I will suffer for now, and look  into getting a better unlocked phone when I go down to the US next weekend!! 

***And after they screwed us by installing the file in FROYO so we can't install custom roms it's too complicated for some who are technilogically stupid.***

Nitin
I Plan to Stick Around

There are 4 canadian variants of the Galaxy S

Captivate

Vibrant

Fascinate 3G+

and the much later released Fascinate 4G

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/09/19/telus-samsung-galaxy-s-fascinate-4g-upgrade-to-android-os-2-3-4-no...

although the fascinate 4g was the last phone in the series to be released and it wasn't even promised an update before the end of summer, today it has been updated to 2.3.4 and yet us Captivate users still wait for 2.3.3! 

WTF ROBBERS! 

erbsmokah
I Plan to Stick Around

we don't want 2.3.3, its garbage. One would hope the delay on release is that they are going to push 2.3.4 since its far more stable and has less battery drain issues.

I would stick with 2.2 if they release 2.3.3.

mtaylor
I Plan to Stick Around

we do  want something, I'm sick and tired of rogers and their half assed view on updates .. Does anyone at Rogers care to explain this hold up ? Other then saying it's Samsung's fault ?? Media team this is your chance.. Ready? Go!

Capt_Disaster
I Plan to Stick Around

Everyday I wait on this update to be released  i regret not waiting to buy the Nexus S and bypassing this.  It is frustrating that all carriers and all variants of the galaxy s have the latest firmware.   

And please don't tell us to Root, if we wanted to do that, it would be done by now, and that brings a whole mess of other issues.

Can someone please provide an update if even to tell us if its coming or not?

mtaylor
I Plan to Stick Around

The tweet from the media team is that they "Follow up with Samsung everyday" In in otherwords .. No, no new info

mtaylor
I Plan to Stick Around

It's offical , summer has been and gone and the promised update never appeared... Gee I wonder why ppl are getting pissed