Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

I lost the standard "info screen" (the one with news, weather and stocks) that was there when I got my phone with 2.1, and still there with 2.2.  Is it gone now?  I can't even find a re-install.  I can always download new apps, but I liked the way that one looked.

As an aside, anyone know if there's anyway to plug in my phone and have it sync with Thunderbird/Lightening like Outlook?  I don't want to have to do any extra steps of transferring and opening files.  If there isn't anyway to do it with the same ease as Outlook, I'm going to have to switch back.  Syncing my calenders is a must.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Android syncs really well with Gmail and Google calendar.   I mean that is the best way to go for ease of use.

you can do a google search for sync android with outlook calendar and contacts..

However, you will find more happiness if you allow yourself to be assimilated {grin}.

I'm Here A Lot

Just realized that my calender showed up at the bottom of that screen, too.  That sucks.

I used to use Outlook to sync previously, and it's an option with Kies.  Works really good.  But I've since made the switch to Thunderbird/Lightening, and would really like to use that.

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll upgrade tonight.
I Plan to Stick Around

so... is anybody having issues with "android system" nuking thier battery yet?

I Plan to Stick Around

Nope - for me "Android System" is using about 5% of my battery. No problems there for me.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello again,

I have another question. Is there any way, besides Kies, to upgrade the Capivate? I get to Kies, the Phone hooks up with the software, but I don't get any info on the update.

My phone was running Serendipity VII. I had to reinstall Roger's 2.2 ROM to get Kies to recognize my phone. Now that I did, I don't get the update.

Not cool...

I Plan to Stick Around

is anyone else having issues with GPS? I'm finding that it almost never locks and then occasionally loses it's lock. I never had this issue with Froyo.

any suggestions?

I Plan to Stick Around

Nic: are you using a Rogers captivate or an AT&T one?  Try doing a search for Odin. I understand that works very well for updates.

I'm Here A Lot

I have a Rogers Captivate. I used Odin to get back to the 2.2 stock ROM, but as I understand, there is no Odin package for the 2.3 update, is there?