Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

I can confirm Telus has 2.3.3. I just updated a Fascinate this afternoon.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So there you go just as I already pointed out rogers was dead last in getting the update to their customers
I Plan to Stick Around

Even sasktel has the update!

What those of you defending Rogers are forgetting is that Rogers has to pay for the update and for putting their branding (aka bloatware) on it. So Samsung isn't going to make it until Rogers hands them a purchase order. Which was precisely the problem when we battled for the HTC magic updates!
I Plan to Stick Around

I see that some are reporting the Keis had updates for them, course they have other handsets ... Maybe in the next day or two? Naw I don't actually believe that

I Plan to Stick Around

And I can confirm that Bell has 2.3.3. ...sigh

I've Been Here Awhile

Sigh.

It appears Rogers truly is the last carrier in the world to update the Captivate to 2.3 Gingerbread.

Virgin 2.3- check

Bell 2.3- check

Telus 2.3- check

Basically every other carrier on Earth who sold Captivate- check

Rogers 2.3- nada.

I spoke to a very helpful billing agent last week and he said that he had received Gingerbread training so it is definitely on the way, but when... who knows.  Samsung's now infamous announcement about end of summer is here- Labour Day Weekend, and still no update.

Pretty much given up on the possibility of (gasp!) bluetooth voice dialing, which is BTW is a legal requirement while driving.

Rogers really should be embarrassed by this and the multitude of other threads on the subject.

I Plan to Stick Around

To be fair when wa the last time rogers was embarrassed by anything? Look at the iphone roll out and how halfassed that is done, do they learn? No never...The social media team is also very useful, I think they have the same "I don't have any new info" Down pat
I'm Here A Lot

@mtaylor:  My bad dude, I really don't pay that close attention to other providers. 

How long have they all had 2.3?

I Plan to Stick Around

So is Christmas, speaking of I wonder if it will be out by then

I'm Here A Lot

I have three captivates with Rogers and I love them. I also have a contract which means I am with Rogers for a while. I really hope they read these posts and know that when the contract is up, and I read that there are still issues like this. I WILL go with a different provider.

I really hope it does not come to that because Rogers has treated me well in every other aspect of owning these phones. From correcting bills to repalcing one unit.

So Please Rogers get your act together and take care of your customers!