Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

Its sucks being member of Rogers. Rogers talk about best in canada for this for that but it does not know how to keep the current cusotmer. It seems like roger paying more attention to new customers and phones than providing good and up to date service to old customer. I been with Rogers for more than 8 years and its all most final if dont get honeycomb on my capative I wont be buying anymore Rogers phone Period!

Its shame rest of the world has the updates and being one of the best coutry in the world we have to face this situation...... I hope somebody in Rogers really cares about his customer other wise as we can see Rogers wont be number one in near future. Rogers wake up and bring updates to old customers..

I'm Here A Lot

Why does everyone blame Rogers?  It's really Samsung that is dragging their feet.  I rarely check anything on this site for anything in regards to my device.  Kies is what lets me know i'm good for my update.   I only stumbled upon this thread as I googled the release date for 2.3. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Because it IS Rogers holding up the update! Do you honestly think Samsung execs sat around one day and said "Lets update every galaxy s variant except that one in Canada!". Besides were those of you defending Rogers not around for the Magic\Dream fiasco? I gave up and rooted my Magic....

Which brings me to another point, please stop posting telling us to just root. If those of us following this thread wanted to root, we would be looking at an entirely different forum thread. We all know that we can root and have unofficial, buggy, no hardware accelerations for video gingerbread. But we are here because we want news, information leaks etc... on the Official Gingerbread release date. </rant>

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

Last time I tweeted someone at rogers about it I got the same old reply. No eta blame samsung blah blah blah
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I am sure it is Samsung.  Rogers has no reason to delay the upgrade.

The good news is that the Dutch Court in the Hauge has given Samsung a short time to upgrade all of its Smartphones to comply with the Apple copyright lawsuit.

I think they all have to be upgraded before October. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So all the other carriers in canada have the 2.3 update however your standing by that possition that samsung is holding it back from Rogers.. Mmmm guess they forgot

I Plan to Stick Around

Of course it's Rogers. You can't tell me that Samsung puts all the carriers proprietary crap on it for them?. Samsung gets it to the carrier bare bones and they bloat it up. It's usually the carriers crap that causes the problems, so they have to go back to Samsung to sort the issue rather than scrap the lousy bloatware. And I'm sure this Dutch court thing will only pan out for them and not the rest of the world.
I Plan to Stick Around

the 2.3 update has not been released yet in north america, it was released briefly by telus but then recalled (rumour). A new leak just surfaced of androd 2.3.4 for captivate (AT&T version), its probably the release candidate. Im running it now and its sweet.

Also, FWIW.. all it takes for rogers to install thier "bloatware" is to include the .APK files into the build. It would literally take a few minutes. And stop complaining about bloatware.. you can remove it and rogers really doesnt load it up like AT&T does. Plus the my account app is pretty handy.

I'm Here A Lot

Hey mtaylor,  I'd sure like to know what carriers other than Rogers that has the official 2.3 update. 

I Plan to Stick Around