Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

.....You guys are wasting your time everytime you attempt to ask a Rogers rep when an update is going to be released for a phone.....

You might be right, however sometimes it is important to be the squeeky wheel.

I Plan to Stick Around

Heh heh...as the customer asking or as the Rogers rep? lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Telus has just released there update today. http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/08/19/telus-samsung-galaxy-s-fascinate-3g-upgrade-to-os-2-3-3-now-availa...

I just posted @RogersBuzz and @SamsungMobileCA twitter maybe if we all spam them with the same question we'll finally get a response! 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So, if Bell got their GB update last week and Telus got theirs today, it must have been released to Rogers - but still we wait.

I've Been Here Awhile

This is a joke.

We've been waiting months for this essential upgrade and it appears we are literally the last carrier in the last area of the world to not have 2.3 Gingerbread.

The ladck of BT dialing is simply unaccaptable.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've had enough of waiting for Rogers to interface with different mobile carriers for updates.  My next hardware upgrade will be purchased outright from an American provider, and shipped to Canada.

This will eliminate Rogers bloatware, and it will eliminate the little "tweaks" put into the Rogers hardware. (Like the removal of the audio chip in the Captivate).

It will also allow me to get updates as fast as the Americans.

This will also allow me to stop signing contracts with Rogers.  I think this is clearly the way things need to go.

I'm Here A Lot

You can do that??  I've been wanting to do something like that, but wasn't sure if using an AT&T phone would be compatible.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Once unlocked, it should work.   I suppose you can still get an expensive phone from Rogers, and then sell it on eBay to help reduce the cost of the phone you buy...

I've Been Around

Actually you'd be surprised to hear that Telus pulled their update.

My friend updated his phone with 2.3 then found out that Telus revoked the update and it wouldn't work on his phone after.

But this is quite the annoyance that Samsung (NOT ROGERS) can't get their crap together.

I think it's a Samsung issue... and you should all take it up with them.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm going to look for an unlocked phone on my trip to the US. If you buy a phone outright from a store it's usually unlocked. If it isn't, the manufacturer has to provide an unlock code for it. Here in Canada, Rogers charges 50 bones for the unlock code to your phone. It's a bit of a cash grab considering in the states they get em for nothing. I'm done with the bs on the Canadian phones, so next time it's an unlocked phone for me.