Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

@BuckMacklin wrote:

No more than 2.18 Gb on the internal SD card?  I have never heard about that.

Can you tell me more?

That bug was introduced with FoYo, bassically if you connect to your computer as "Mass Storage" mode then 2.18GB is where copying files over caps out (ie it crashes). If you just connect in "Media Player" mode then you are transferring mucho slower but can at least go over 2.18 GB.

It will be nice to get a fix for that!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well, I was not aware of that bug.  I have never done that.

AT&T made the announcement this morning that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update for the Samsung Captivate is available.

Must be soon for us.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Man I hope so. My family has 3 of the captivates and I love the phone.(ad the ps3 that is coming for getting the third one)

Really looking forward to gingerbread.

Hope it fixes the gps problem and the wifi not connecting. (although I have found a quick fix for that problem)

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I've Been Here Awhile

If you don't mind, could you post the quick fix for the wifi problem? It drives me crazy! Smiley Mad

I'm Here A Lot

Well I just use The program called fast reboot. When you click on it it shuts down all the programs Including the wifi settings. After it's done I click on wifi and it works.
You can find fast reboot in the marketplace.
I hope this helps. Good luck.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for replying Smiley Happy I'll check it out

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been using Gingerbread for about a month on my Captivate. It is smooth and fast. When the official version comes out, I don't think I will bother to change to that. I am using Mosaic V from the xda developer forum.
I Plan to Stick Around

Btw, gps and wifi are both fast on GB.
I'm Here A Lot

The Gingerbread update is now available on Bell and Telus:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/08/10/bell-and-virgin-samsung-galaxy-s-vibrant-upgrade-to-os-2-3-now-ava...

I hope it means that it is coming for Captivate soon.