Gingerbread for Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Gingerbread for Captivate

First of all Rogers has to wait for Samsung, and for it to be right.  Second, no one in Canada is doing it better with the Captivate.

Maybe it would have been better to get the Samsung Nexus S,  I think you would have had to wait anyway.  It is better in some ways, but not as good in others.

Life is all about being patient, and making and living with the choces you make.

Gingerbread for Captivate is coming...

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone out there have an update on this?

I Plan to Stick Around

heck i've been waiting for months for gingerbread to be released to my android....and it's not even a rogers phone lol

that's why i learned how to install custom ROMs with a gingerbread base 😄
I've Been Around

Samsung Canada has announced on July 12 that the entire Galaxy S family (Vibrant, Captivate and Fascinate 3G+) will be getting OS 2.3.3 “later this summer!”

http://twitter.com/#!/SamsungMobileCA/status/90913211834044416

I Plan to Stick Around

Is that when Samsung is releasing it to the public, or to the carriers? If so, when can we expect the release from Rogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

there's no ETA. you'll know when Rogers knows.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Melly wrote:
heck i've been waiting for months for gingerbread to be released to my android....and it's not even a rogers phone lol

that's why i learned how to install custom ROMs with a gingerbread base 😄

Rooting and loading ROMs is fairly easy, I did that with my Magic and extended it's life a fair bit. However with the captivate, the stock media player is leaps and bounds ahead of any ROM I have seen. So I will wait for stock GB unless there is another ROM that plays divx and uses hardware level decoding.

I've Been Around

This is rubbish the rest of the world has already gotten the update for their galaxy  while we are delayed this long...nonsense

I've Been Around

I just want the OS for correct the mass storage issue of not being able to put more than 2.18 Gb on the internal SD card.  I was told that Gingerbread would correct for this.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

No more than 2.18 Gb on the internal SD card?  I have never heard about that.

Can you tell me more?