Getting tech support...not

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Getting tech support...not

Decided yesterday to change the box to a 3.0 HDPVR - all was got till I got home and connected to my tv. All I had was a little screen - called the support, got a gentleman on line that greeted me with a rather unpleasant tone. Explained my problem, he right away decided it must be my tv - told him, it cannot, as all was good with the previous box. He started asking me questions about how I connected, etc and he dared asking me "are you sure you did that?" See, I am a woman, what the heck do I know about technology Smiley Mad. Told him to loose the patronizing tone that I expect support not attitude...well attitude was all I've got. Decided that it's not worth ruining my day, so I hang up and called again.

Got a woman this time, at least she did try to help - asking me to go to settings and read the menu to her(now honestly, how many freaking boxes are there? 3??!) Her conclusion "your box" cannot be re-set, it must be your tv and she connected me with Sony....I didn't even have time to say something.

Well, I've decided to play with the settings and guess what...it was set up for a smaller screen and all I had to do is go to appearance, settings and change it. Seriously, who is Rogers hiring for support?!!

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Getting tech support...not

Many of us have asked that questions many times Smiley Sad
While there are some generally good people too, the majority seem barely trained. Most of them if there is not an exact solution for it in their database they don't know enough to figure it out otherwise.

Guessing the issue was it was set to 720p?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes it was Smiley Happy  To be honest what upsets me most is the attitude on top of the lack of knowledge! Such a small thing to fix and neither the first nor the second knew what to tell me. That is sad Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. and many of the solutions, have been 'found out' even if they dont know them... how hard would it be for them to take those fixes like from here.. and add to a custom 'might work' database they can have us try?

If you have other issues/questions, feel free to come back here.

while we dont work for rogers, there are a bunch of regular people here who are very experienced, and might be abble to help with things Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

To be honest, im not so impressed about this rogers service. I've been paying for roighly 200 -300 a month. Its okay if i received or used my iphone but im always dont have any service and no sims card installed- how is that possible u cant use ur iphone and im paying this much. I already complained about this but theres no progress at all. Im glad my plan gonna be over soon...and never ever to renew my contract again,