Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communicationa

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communicationa

@TJP1942

Its evident that you were receiving the calls from the collection company in error. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

You have requested to stop receiving the calls and we have notified to appropriate parties to not contact you. 

We would be happy to answer anymore questions you have via Private Message.

RogersAisf

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You gotta be kidding me!What do I want explained? I want to know exactly why I have had to put up with this harassment for so long by someone who is supposedly doing it on behalf of Rogers Communications. This did not just happen on its own so I want to know why and how this happened and not just be in a position where you feel that you can just sweep it under the rug and forget about it.Have you ever been accused of something on a continual basis for a lengthy time, and when you complained to someone, was told that we took your number off a list so that they could no longer keep calling you to keep accusing you.Just as though it never happened.I'm sure that you would want to know more facts as to why you were put in that position in the first place.Does that answer your question?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I always love these responses .... where somone apologizes for an error they made that was an inconvenience or lost someone time.

In my line of work when I make a booboo I end up being injured or dead ... so there are some pretty hefty ramifications for making an error.  What does it cost Rogers  .... nothing but the cost of an employee that can talk sweet and smooth it over?

How be you send the person  a cheque  so they can check their  credit rating(was a charge when I wanted to check mine) then maybe you don't need to go into details of how you made the error and the Rogers apology won't sound so hollow and empty?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks fo the comment,I think that they would like to see this just end"easily", but they are not the ones who have had these annoying calls on almost a daily basis for a year or more.My intention is to get to the bottom of "Why"?It had to be some relationship between Rogers and them, and that means "people", not computers that screwed up.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well Folks, It's Tuesday,day after holiday weekend,hope you are all rested up.I believe my issue of almost daily calls for about a year has been resolved.I have been told from a person of authority that I was receiving the calls from a collection agency because someone had made a one digit error when the phone number was entered.Whether it was Rogers, when they sent it to collection, or the Collection when they dialed the number,I will never know.The coincidence in this whole issue, which still puzzles me, is with the names.Even with a one digit mistake in the phone number, the names were almost identical.Say my name was John Jack Jacobs  in real life, I would go by John Jacobs.The collection outfit was looking for a Jack Jacobs who had a phone number one digit different from mine,but because my number had been inputted instead of his,I had been getting the annoying calls for about a year.(I had ignored them for the longest time because they did not divulge any information as to who they were and who they represented until recently.)Now go figure the odds of that happening.It still has me baffled how a person with such a similar name and only one digit different in phone number, ever occurred, but how do you argue with that reason which comes from Rogers.It still goes to show that even in the day of high technology,the human error can still screw things up,but then the computer gets blamed because it did not double check the info before it started hastling the person.I don't know whether it was Rogers or Gatestone Collection who was at fault, but this kind of problem should be stopped in its tracks by verifying all of the data being used ,before hounding an innocent individual.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know where it went but I previously  sent a response to explain my issue.The one that is official from Rogers.So everybody,here it is.Using a ficticous name,say mine was Jack John Robertson,I go by Jack Robertson.Well Gatestone was making calls for a John Robertson but using my phone number.Apparently Rogers was going after John Robertson, but coincidently his phone number  was one digit different from my phone number. Now I don't know which digit it was, but if it was one of the last five digits, he would live in the same town as myself. Someone at Rogers or Gatestone, inadvertently  made a keying error when entering his phone number and entered my phone number in error, so they were hounding me.Now coincidently this guy with two out of three of my names and only one digit different in telephone number from mine, was being pursued by Rogers for some reason.Now I don't pretend to know the odds of another "Robertson", let alone having my middle name, also having a phone number which was one digit different from mine.That was the official reason that I was given,as far-fetched as it may seem, so apparently the issue has been solved.

View solution in original post

I Plan to Stick Around

I keep getting "Did you get the answer that you wanted".Well no I didn't but I guess that whatever the "reason" was that stopped the continuous phone calls from the collection agency, then I have gotten the answer that resolved that Issue, and probably that is as complete an answer as I am going to get.Thanks,All..