Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communicationa

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communicationa

Continual calls from 1-866-724-6619 and 1-866-468-3201 saying that they represent Rogers Communications and are trying to retrieve equipment that they say I have.I don't have any and if they truly represent Rogers, then Rogers had better get their facts straight or I will be severing all ties and they can have back the equipment that I am truly paying for.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communicationa

I don't know where it went but I previously  sent a response to explain my issue.The one that is official from Rogers.So everybody,here it is.Using a ficticous name,say mine was Jack John Robertson,I go by Jack Robertson.Well Gatestone was making calls for a John Robertson but using my phone number.Apparently Rogers was going after John Robertson, but coincidently his phone number  was one digit different from my phone number. Now I don't know which digit it was, but if it was one of the last five digits, he would live in the same town as myself. Someone at Rogers or Gatestone, inadvertently  made a keying error when entering his phone number and entered my phone number in error, so they were hounding me.Now coincidently this guy with two out of three of my names and only one digit different in telephone number from mine, was being pursued by Rogers for some reason.Now I don't pretend to know the odds of another "Robertson", let alone having my middle name, also having a phone number which was one digit different from mine.That was the official reason that I was given,as far-fetched as it may seem, so apparently the issue has been solved.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @TJP1942,

Are the calls related to the address you live at or the telephone number?

If its to the address, perhaps the calls are related to the previous tenant.

If the telephone number, perhaps the previous owner of the telephone number has unreturned equipment.

RogersDarrell

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you get them again.. ask them which ACCOUNT # they are trying to get the equipment from.. (likely then different than yours)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You are wrong on both counts.I have lived here over 30 years and had the same phone number for over 40 years, long before I had anything to do with Rogers.Since they say that they represent Rogers Communication, I would suggest to you that as a Rogers Employee, who has knowledge of the two numbers that continually call me, that YOU or a representaive of Rogers, call those numbers and Address the situation.It is the phone number that they use and do not mention address.So please, get to the bottom of this matter because they say they represent Rogers Communication, which should be of concern to Rogers, whether they truly represent you or not.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am not going to ask them anything.I refuse to answer those calls.They are made on behalf of Rogers Communication , so Rogers should be the one to address the issue.My request is that a  Rogers representative address the situation by calling the numbers and find out just what is going on.The obvious resolution lies between Rogers and the Outfit who is calling me.I would assume that if they are ligitimate and Rogers has requested their service, that the two parties get their heads together and resolve the obvious discrepancy, rather than get me caught in between the two, not knowing what is going on.I personally cannot see an outfit continually calling a Rogers Customer without being asked to do so by Rogers.So Please resolve this issue.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communications

Hello @TJP1942,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. We will have to look further into your account to investigate. I will have CommunityHelps reach out to you via PM. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thank you,

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Getting continual Annoying phone calls from Rogers Communications

Feel free to look into my account.You will find nothing there that will enlighten you.My account payments are and have been made monthly for years, and I have no equipment other than what I pay for monthly.I trust that someone in Rogers will pursue this matter and get to the bottom of why an outside Company, who supposedly represents Rogers Communications has been hounding me for over a year.I  don't know how Rogers resolves some of their issues, but I would respectfully ask ,that in this case, a Rogers Representive call those numbers and find out what is going on.The outfit supposedly represents Rogers, so either Rogers, or the Outfit involved, have their facts wrong, because I have no equipment belonging to Rogers, other than what I pay for each month.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

According to a Google search, both those numbers belong to a collection agency called Gatestone, which is located in downtown Toronto.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Collections agencys can be a BIG hassle.. especially when its not YOU they are looking for.

When my wife first got her cell phone (bell), back in the ANALOG phone days (qualcom 'flip' so to speak at the time).. she must have got a recycled phone number.

Continually were getting calls from 1-2 collection agencies, trying to look for someone else.
Told them we were not them... but they did not beleive us. (probably since often MANY people who do owe money would say just that).
We in the end, had to prove that the number was owned by us with our name on it (a bill), other ID, etc. to them.
Asked for a PHYSICAL address to send it to, which i could verify, etc.. 
Before it all stopped.
Bell.. they wouldn't do anything for me to help other than print a bill for me 😛

I wonder.. on the few times you maybe did pick up.. did they specifically say your name, number, etc.
As if it was just the number at fault, the NAME shouldnt match.. same if it was a persons PRIOR address.

Hopefully the community helps team can take a look into it further for you.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, collection agencies are relentles because the debtors are very resourceful. Rogers or Bell will sell a difficult delinquent account to a collection agency and be done with it. It's Rogers' or Bell's fault for recycling the number, so the carrier really ought to call the dogs off.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario