cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a rogers box but charging the fee on my phone bill instead

platinums
I've Been Here Awhile

My main question is, is it possible to rent a cable box but have the rental fee be part of my phone bill instead? I don't pay for the cable in my apartment and would prefere to see the fee on my account than relying on the landlord.

edit: spelling.

***Edited labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Getting a rogers box but charging the fee on my phone bill instead

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello platinums

Sadly that is not possible. Renting a box will have to be on a cable account.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
If it's an apartment in a house, etc, correct it will show up on the landlords bill, etc. only way to have one that way would be to BUY it yourself, but it would still have to be activated on your account.

If it's an apartment/condo building where the cable is included, they usually have it built in where each unit has their own separate sub account where you can rent a box on a separate bill

Re: Getting a Rogers box but charging the fee on my phone bill instead

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

There are many places such as apartments and senior residences where basic cable is included with the rent. If you want more than basic, you can make your own arrangements with Rogers for equipment, upgraded packages, etc. for TV. If you also have some kind of phone plan (wireless or home phone) through Rogers, you can arrange to have your accounts amalgamated so that all of your services are included on one bill!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Yeah that's what I was mentioning above 🙂

But I don't think you can do that in a home type residence, and pay for it on yours to have on someone else's personal account

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:
Yeah that's what I was mentioning above 🙂

But I don't think you can do that in a home type residence, and pay for it on yours to have on someone else's personal account

I am not sure you understood me correctly! If you live in a place where basic cable is included in your rent, the landlord pays the bill for that. If you are not satisfied with basic cable and want more, you can order additional from Rogers, such as an upgraded TV package or a PVR box. Rogers will then set up a cable account with a 12-digit account number and you will pay Rogers for the additional services you subscribe to over and above what is also included in your rent for basic cable. If you also have have a phone account with Rogers, which is a 9-digit account number, you can get these two bills merged into one bill and make one payment per month to Rogers. It would not be on someone else's personal account!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I didn't think that was possible on that scale (comparatively to an apartment which is different as they are paying for a much larger number of feeds, 'outlets', etc to cover all apartments)
But I could be completely wrong.

Worth the OP to call in and inquire if they can. Worse case they say no.

platinums
I've Been Here Awhile
Thanks for the input guys. I'll give them a call Tuesday-ish and see what they offer me.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation