Gateway Change Random disconnects playing battlefield4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Gateway Change Random disconnects playing battlefield4

Ever since I exchanged my old gateway for the CGN3ACSMR I have been constantly getting disconnected from battlefield 4. This isn't a problem with the server as I can see players are still inside the server when I get disconnected. I have made sure I forwarded the ports listed here 

http://help.ea.com/ca/article/online-ports-for-battlefield-4/

I never had this issue ever on my previous gateway the 1 that looks like swiss cheese forgot the model name. Any ideas why this is happening?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Gateway Change Random disconnects playing battlefield4

Seems like the update (4.5.8.16) fixed the issue i've been able to get in a 1hr session so far without issues compared to the 5-10mins I was previously getting

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The CGN3ACSMR is proving to be problematic for reasons unknown to the users.  Best advice I can give you is to call your nearest Rogers store and ask if they have any CGN3s in stock.  If so, swap your CGN3ACSMR for the CGN3. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

are there really no troubleshooting steps I can take before exchanging the modem? This is only an issue with battlefield. The other 2 games I played work with do not randomly disconnect me. Also note i've played on multiple different battlefield servers to make sure it wasn't a specific server and all of them randomly d/c me. It's the same problem everytime rogers introduces these new modems theres always an issue where I have to exchange them for a different model...

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Read post 176 from the following page:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/253...

A solution for League of Legends and the CGN3ACSMR is available and can be pushed to your modem as indicated in the post.  Maybe it will provide a solution for your issues as well.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll give it a shot not sure if the issue the LoL players are experiencing is the same because it seems more of a packet loss issue whereas for me i'm getting good ping just I randomly get kicked off

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Give it a try and let us know how it turns out. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Im having the exact same issue playing Destiny on the Xbox One. I cant seem to keep a connection for more that 5 minutes. I tried Battlefield 4 and it lasts for about 20 minutes before I lag out – highly frustrating to say the least.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Try following the link above.. and contact them to get the new firmware pushed out to your modem.  HOPEFULLY this should help fix the issue.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like the update (4.5.8.16) fixed the issue i've been able to get in a 1hr session so far without issues compared to the 5-10mins I was previously getting

View solution in original post