cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamecenter problem

andrewfair
I've Been Around

It's 6:56 and I'm wating for Leafs game. I'm stuck on http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/gamecenterlive?id=2014020001  at the Watch Tab

Current NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscribers sign in:     DOES NOT ACCEPT MY MYROGERS LOGIN.      I have already got the NHL Checkmark on Rogers.com

The only things visible is:

Upgrade to Watch Live Games, Replays and More

***Edited Labels.***

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Gamecenter problem

Skook
I've Been Here Awhile

I did the uninstall/reinstall thing on the xbox one and, hurrah, it started to work. However, it streamed really well for the first period of the Oilers/Devils game, then horrible for the second with constant stops, freezes, buffering and "network" issues messages, then fine again for the third. 

They seem to be getting closer, but there is still something rotten in Denmark. On the plus side, when it actually works, it seems to be better!

I am an out of region Leafs fan, and I rely on GameCenterLive to see all the games. This lovely update happened on my birthday, awesome. I initially had trouble using GCL to see the games on any device. Now, it seems I can stream on my android and my laptop ok. BUT streaming to my chromecast is still not working. Is this not supported any more? Before Feb 2, it worked really well.

Okidu
I've Been Here Awhile
Chromecast works with me now finally but far from fine. Stream has hiccups all the time.

And btw I hate not seeing the commercials especially if the stream comes back too late.

What's the problem with letting the stream run?

I wonder if chrome OS is working yet. I was running through my chromebook prior to all star game and it worked fine. Now nothing. 

cdot1
I've Been Around

The NHL Gemeceter website and Android app have been a great avenue to watch my favorite sport for years.   The interface was simple, all of the features were available and simple to figure out.... Then Rogers got involved.   

Now I can't even do something as simple as hide the score in my browser.  I know where the setting is, it simply doesn't work.   The game stutters and randomly changes to live view!  Are you kidding me?!  I was in the second period of a game, and it suddenly jumped to live view with only seconds left.  Luckily I already knew the score because I couldn't hide it!!    Want to skip through a blank commecial graphic?  No!  Click skip forward by 10 seconds a hundred times, no change... wait for a few minutes and suddenly your at a completely different part of the game.

The Android app is even more hilarious.  I have tried every option to stop getting notifications, but no matter what I do, it tells me when my team scores, or when the game is over and who won.  I can pause the game which is nice, but then I can't resume it at the same place... just goes straight to live.   

Rogers, you are good at selling products and services but please, please stop messing up every piece of software you touch!!  Gamecenter is now completely useless to me... i am extremely 

I finally managed to stream a game from the new android app to my chromecast last night. It's confusing, as the app seems to be both NHL and Rogers, and you're never sure which one, but anyway it finally worked. The quality was very good once it was streaming and it never dropped. I won't even bother with the extra features yet. I'll just keep fingers crossed that the live streaming continues to work.

Hi @

We're glad you're now able to stream games from the Android app to the Chromecast! Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing the information with the Community.
RogersArthur

Skook
I've Been Here Awhile

Xbox One app updated today - streaming worked great. Thanks, all.

DSgamby
I Plan to Stick Around

Update... Tried to watch the Leafs game last night from NHL/Rogers app. Worked ok if watching directly on laptop or android, but streaming to Chromecast would not work, In fact, the Chromecast icon had mysteriously disappeared from the android app.

Sum418084
I've Been Around

Since the changes to NHL Live, gamecenter live is not even worth paying anything for ever again. I paid over $200 this year to watch hockey. The old gamecenter live actually never blacked out any games in my region. Either it didnt check where i was from, or just luckily never had a game blacked out. Now with NHL Live it blacks out every game in my region. Also, the quality is not even close to being the same, with lagging video and sound/ not even watchable half the time. The features of NHL Live are terrible compared to gamecenter live. Cannot change anything i used to be able to change. I contacted rogers about this and they offered me a pro rated refund of what is left on the season. So about $75, but i have to cancel my subscription. I will not be able to watch any games for the rest of the year, or any of the replays i paid for. I chose to keep Gamecenter Live but for a week and a half since i talked to rogers it has not improved at all. I wish to be refunded what i paid for, as well as be able to watch the rest of the season. This software was not what I purchased and for rogers to change it halfway through the season is unbelievable. Enjoy my money as you continue to upset youre customers. Josh Moynahan

Lubu
I've Been Around

do you have any other gamertags, that you may have saved data with nhl.tv? thats what happened to me, logged into my other account with the saved data, it works now

go to manage app on nhl.tv and see if theres any other saved data

zipperweasel
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello.

I purchased GameCentre a little while back and got the Early Bird special so I could watch the World Cup of Hockey. Problem is, I get a black screen when I try and use it on my computer. I'm running Windows 10 and tried it on Chrome and Edge but both produce black screens. My firewall isn't an issue so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Any ideas?

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

Sorry - no ideas, just a comment. I recently discovered that rogers was still providing GCL free for customers with ignite Internet packages and registered again. I had no issues watching the WCH on a laptop with Windows 7. What I am more concerned about is that rogers is still not offering the option to stream games through Chromecast via the computer. Chromecast is supported via android and ios but not on a PC. I hope thiey fix this in time for the 2016-17 season. They said they were working on this for 2015-16 but I guess they never followed through!

Hello, @zipperweasel

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your concern. Are you able to play any other game at all on your Windows 10 PC? Is it only happening on one PC?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

zipperweasel
I've Been Here Awhile
Yeah, no games work on my home PC. I tried it on my work PC and it works fine. It's almost like something isn't allowing Flash to load...

Hello, @zipperweasel

Thank you for trying a different PC, it's good to know it works. I'm assuming you have already tried rebooting your PC, do you have any ad blockers or pop-up blockers enabled on your system? 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

zipperweasel
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, reboot doesn't help. Smiley Sad

I do use Adblock Plus extention on Chrome, but I have nhl.com whitelisted so that shouldn't be an issue. I also tried it on Microsoft Edge and Firefox and they also do not work. I suppose it could still be the firewall...but watching videos works fine on nhl.com and other places...just the stream doesn't want to work.

Thanks.

Re: Gamecenter Problem

Innishannon
I've Been Around

Semi-Finals are on and I have not been able to watch a single game with "my Rogers subscription".  Last year's Gamecentre worked fine, despite the drop in coverage and sound throughout the game.  THIS year has been a massive disapointment.  I have asked Rogers technical support for help on a few occaisions now and was promised a call back on Thursday.  Thursday, September 15th... Today is the 25th.  I have not been able to access my gamecentre once this year.  It has locked me on the log in page, sends me in a loop to download the new app, even though I am using THAT very app's log in page.  After purchasing a 2nd new iPad, I am deeply considering returning it and porting out to Bell at this point.  Issues happen, I understand that.  I get that there is down time to fix things too.  However, it's unacceptable when you contact technical support on multiple occaisions and they tell you they will contact you within 24 hours with a solution, and you're sitting here wondering when they will start taking you seriously as a customer.  

Hello, @Innishannon

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your concern. We are sorry for the login troubles, we can follow up with the resolver group for you. Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps when you are online. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Have you tried to log in on a computer? Like on Chrome or Firefox etc?

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Riggernuts
I Plan to Stick Around

Using my pc, never had any problems last year. Getting this message.

The content you requested is not available. Please check your network connection and try again later.

Update, now i get

Sorry, please try again later.

No big surprize that its not working.

It just gets better,lol....................