Gamecenter problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Gamecenter problem

For $200 you would've guessed this service would be next to flawless. There is way too many problems with it. I constantly get logged out of my account, the frame frequency is too slow (I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than 20 fps), and the image freezes quite often. I might as well watch the games on those free poor quality stream sites. Once my trial period ends, I am definitely NOT buying your service. 

I've Been Around

Is everyone in here Rogers customers?  My problem is similar to all this but I'm not a Rogers customer.  I purchased Gamecenter thru the NHL site so my NHL username and Passwrd does not work for the Ihone or iPad apps.

My apple TV works fine and I can log into the NHL website and it works fine.

I have created a Rogers account but need to know if there is a way I can link the two accounts so the apps will work.

I've Been Around

I purchased my subscription to rogers gamecentre last sunday. I got confirmation of my subscription through an email. The email even has an account number associated to it. However, every time I try to log in I get the invalid username or password. then it tells me to link a rogers account (I'm not a client) or, get this, to subscribe to rogers nhl gamecentre!

I have phoned in, done the live chat for almost a week now. I keep getting sent from one rogers person to another. No one knows how to solve this issue! Last call I got, they said they had opened a case file with some IT group to solve my problem and would get back to me the next day or two... Well 3 days have gone by and nothing! obviously no one is going to do anything on the weekend either so how long am i to wait for a service I paid for almost a week ago!?

Apparently, from this thread, I'm not the only one with this problem. This is utterly ridiculous! I wasn't a Rogers customer before and I don't see that changing. I give it to monday or I'm asking for a refund and will find a way to subscribe to nhl.com through other means.

EDIT: I have tried to log in on 5 different devices. All to no avail.

I've Been Here Awhile

Oh man. I just started having that problem tonight... I hope it doesn't take them a week to fix mine. I was actually shocked that they couldn't fix it instantly when I went to chat support. Chat support said you'll get an e-mail in an hour. Never got it.

Let me know if and when you got it working.

I just joined Rogers so I am still in the 30 day return window for my phone and plan and everything. These guys better get their act together. I joined just for the free Game Centre. I knew all of the analysts on Sportsnet sucked but did not realize they would mess this up too. Last season I had one issue all year, and it was resolved basically immediately when I called in.

I was so excited for the free Game Centre... and no blackouts in my region when last year there were tons. Can't watch any games now though so it doesn't even matter. 

I was watching games two days ago... didn't try yesterday... now my username isn't linked to a wireless account... and when I try to re-link it says the account is already linked to a username! Which is it!?!?!?! And why can't tech. support easily fix that?

I've Been Around

I was waching to then i changed my plan now i cant get it to work.support said 48 hours it is gone bye,now they tell me the dont work the weekends ,i have to wait till monday,  not very good support i am not a happy camper

I've Been Here Awhile

I had mine refunded after 5 days of messing around, just in case.  I didn't want to be outside the refund period, unable to get a refund, if for some reason they can never get this thing off the ground.  They gave me a promo code for 30 days of free gamecentre so I could use it while my issue is being worked out, but after registering and using the code, it prompted me to upgrade, the same as it did before.  The stupid program can't seem to connect the dots.  

I've Been Around

Similar story here. Rogers phone customer for 8 years. I cancelled my cell service Saturday to switch to Videotron (I have internet with them). Gamecenter appeared to be a good plan alternative to Cable TV channels (for watching NHL) which is confusing. The system allowed me to purchase a Gamecenter subscription Saturday, but I never received a full receipt (besides an email without any real detail). Since then I have not been able to sign in with my account, or as they suggested doing, with a new myRogers account. Two days of support, and no progress, not impressed with the way their system handles accounts. This should be really simple, you pay for a service, you get the service without having to go through hoops like animals.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The whole GameCenter Live thing has been mishandled by Rogers. Up until this year, you could subscribe to GameCenter Live through the NHL site. It would work on any device that you use, be it a smart TV or Blu-ray player, Sony Play Station, etc. With Rogers taking over things, many things are impossible to activate. They only recognize an NHL user name and password and not the Rogers user name and password now required which Rogers has failed to fix with the NHL.com site. It has been a total failure by Rogers. Very disappointing to say the least!
I've Been Here Awhile

I finally figured some stuff out.  I had to download Mozilla to run gamecenter.  For some people, it works on chrome, some people, on explored. etc.  Try every browser you can think of.  It worked for me.

I've Been Around

I'm having the exact same problem.  Did you ever get this resolved?  Between us, my husband and I have invested about 8 hours in chats and on the phone with Rogers support.  Today, they told me the problem was with NHL.com and that I need to call them.