NHL Gamecentre Live performance issues
When watching games on either my laptop or desktop (which is powerful) I get a "stutter" about ever 5 seconds for one second, I have even tried different browsers with the same results (it's the best on chrome). When I monitor the hardware useage via the task manager it shows I am maxing out CPU every time it stutters.
Any help would be very much appreciated
@HOZEHEAD, there are some possible issues to look at:
1. Gamecentre Live performance has been an issue for at least two to three years if not longer. Thats a subject unto itself that requires major attention from someone at Rogers to solve once and for all.
2. There is a possibility of signal issues and/or protocol issues with the data stream. I don't suspect protocol issues to be an issue here, but, I include it so that its not overlooked. If other Gamecentre Live customers can use the service without issue, then this isn't a protocol issue. For any signal issues, can you log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN tab, copy the downstream and upstream data and paste that into a post. The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the data. Don't copy the data that resides above the Downstream section.
3. If you have the white CODA-4582, there might be an issue with the data rate thru the modem. Some users of that modem are reporting slow data rates with DOCSIS 3.1 operation, far below what is expected and paid for. That's an ongoing issue that is being looked at.
4. Lastly, there is an issue these days with cryptocurrency mining. A good number of web sites have been co-opted to run crypto currency mining on users computers and other devices, bringing those devices to a crawl. Some of this is done thru hacking the web sites, some is done voluntarily by the site owner. This seems to be a growing issue these days. Have a look at the following article:
Google has extensions available for the chrome browser which will stop crypto mining.
Hey thanks for the reply!
1) Yea honestly I am pretty sure this on their end, my laptop is pretty new, I reformatted my desktop recently and I am still getting this issue. I mean the fact that half the time I get an error 400 on the gamecentre website doesn't exactly reassure me that its well put together
2) It may be unlikely that this is the issue since I have this problem in multiple locations (home/residence/girlfriends house) but I will try these steps as soon as I get the chance
3) Like before I am in different locations so its unlikely that this is the issue especially since I do not have that modem at home
4) I tried those chrome extensions but unfortunately no luck 😞
If you're experiencing the same issue at different locations, that certainly points to an issue with Gamecenter itself. Beyond that, it would be interesting to see if there are any errors in the data stream. The one way to do that is to monitor that with Wireshark which can analyze the incoming and outgoing data traffic and indicate possible issues. That would require someone like @RogersDave or other staff engineer to look at Wireshark's output. Personally speaking, Gamecenter issues have been on the go for years. Surely someone at Rogers should be able to do this to determine if the issues are with the Gamecenter data feed from their servers, or if its a network issue, beyond the servers and enroute to the users.
Being able to watch the big games on the devices that you want is important so we definitely want to ensure we get this working for you. There should not be issues when watching via Browser.
Can you let us know which browser you are using and what type of device? Is your device up-to-date? What is the URL you are connecting to when you are trying to view the streams?
Keep us posted!
I have tried multiple browsers (chrome is the best but have also tried edge and firefox) the device is for sure up to date and the URL is https://www.nhl.com/tv/2017020213/221-1006811/54145403#game=2017020213,tfs=20171105_210030,game_stat... (oilers vs detroit game)
NHL Live Not showing live games only "Preview"
I have a subscription with Rogers NHL Live; the games in the schedule are marked as "Preview", for 7:00 PM. It is now 8:09 PM.
No video available for any games. Link for the game goes to NHL Gamecenter.
Welcome to the Community Forums, @GCLUser80!
My apologies for the delayed response here. I'm a die-hard Leafs fan myself, and would definitely be frustrated if I couldn't log in to catch my games. I'm hoping you were both able to catch your games, but please do keep us posted if you're still having any issues and we can look into it further.
Yes I am still having the same issue. Its just an issue when watching from a PC since I even have no issues while viewing on my phone with the same wireless connection.