It's 6:56 and I'm wating for Leafs game. I'm stuck on http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/gamecenterlive?id=2014020001 at the Watch Tab
Current NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscribers sign in: DOES NOT ACCEPT MY MYROGERS LOGIN. I have already got the NHL Checkmark on Rogers.com
The only things visible is:
Upgrade to Watch Live Games, Replays and More
Thanks but tried and tried again, still have not gotten it to work. We dont have add blocks, so that's not it.
At least it works on 1 tablet...It's really an issue that somehow I can't link the NHL app to my myRogers account. No matter how often I tried, did nto work.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, has the issue sorted out yet? If the purchase is not linked yet,
Thank you for your patience!
NHL Gamecenter log in problem (Invalid Credentials)
Hi after reading your post I sympathize for you as I went through the exact same thing. Purchased a subscription only to have it tell me my login credentials are invalid. I spent multiple hours and days on hold with customer service and going back and forth. I cancelled my subscription out of frustration and repurchased through the NH: app and nothing. I experienced the same invalid credentials message.
Finally I found a solution that worked!
As a last ditch effort I tried asking my girlfriend to install the NHL app on her phone. I currently use and android and she has an iPhone. I got her to try logging in with my credentials and it worked. Once she signed in and signed out I tried signing in on my android device and it magically worked and linked my subscription.
Solution: Try downloading the NHL app from another device and log in. Once logged in successfully try logging in on your regular device. Hope this helps and prevents people from spending many useless hours on the phone as I did!
Rogers please do something about the NHL streaming quality, its like watching NHL on TV from the 80s...very disappointed in this service this year as I have yet to get a quality stream that does not buffer or heavily pixelate every few minutes on both Android and PS4 platforms! Netflix and youtube stream fantastic HD quality!
Thank you for your post!
Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with the quality of your stream on Rogers NHL LIVE. Has the issue been resolved since you posted?
In order to assist you further can you elaborate on troubleshooting measures you tried so far on each platform? Can you confirm if the device you are using to view the stream is connected via Wi-Fi or Ethernet? Is it possible to run a speed test on those devices and post the results?
Do you notice poor video quality across all of your devices or just the Android Box and PS4 Platforms?
We appreciate you brought this up and we hope it will be resolved ASAP!
Keep us posted on the above questions.
Choppy/weird looking video using Rogers GameCentre Live
Anyone know why I'm having such issues watching GameCentre Live on my PC through Google Chrome browser? Browser is fully updated... it's just weird sometimes it's quite choppy etc. If I run it through my phone or tablet and use the NHL app it runs flawlessly... I was considering downloading an app for Windows 10 but I don't see one that you can use for it? It would be really nice to be able to watch this flawlessly on my computer. The computer specs are this:
32 GB DDR3 1600 memory
Nvidia Geforce 970GTX video card
BenQ 144 HZ gaming monitor
My internet is Shaw 150 - 150 down, 15 up
So I know my specs on my PC are more than good enough as well as my internet.
If anyone could help me that would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Community Forums, and thanks for reaching out!
It's definitely very odd that you're having choppy video during games. Based on your specs, your PC is more than capable of a decent stream. Do you have issues with live streams from any other source? I was watching the Leafs/Wings game the other day through Chrome browser and didn't notice any performance issues.
Keep us posted!
NHL Gamecentre Live performance issues
When watching games on either my laptop or desktop (which is powerful) I get a "stutter" about ever 5 seconds for one second, I have even tried different browsers with the same results (it's the best on chrome). When I monitor the hardware useage via the task manager it shows I am maxing out CPU every time it stutters.
Any help would be very much appreciated
@HOZEHEAD, there are some possible issues to look at:
1. Gamecentre Live performance has been an issue for at least two to three years if not longer. Thats a subject unto itself that requires major attention from someone at Rogers to solve once and for all.
2. There is a possibility of signal issues and/or protocol issues with the data stream. I don't suspect protocol issues to be an issue here, but, I include it so that its not overlooked. If other Gamecentre Live customers can use the service without issue, then this isn't a protocol issue. For any signal issues, can you log into the modem, navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN tab, copy the downstream and upstream data and paste that into a post. The copy and paste process will paste in the text contents of the data. Don't copy the data that resides above the Downstream section.
3. If you have the white CODA-4582, there might be an issue with the data rate thru the modem. Some users of that modem are reporting slow data rates with DOCSIS 3.1 operation, far below what is expected and paid for. That's an ongoing issue that is being looked at.
4. Lastly, there is an issue these days with cryptocurrency mining. A good number of web sites have been co-opted to run crypto currency mining on users computers and other devices, bringing those devices to a crawl. Some of this is done thru hacking the web sites, some is done voluntarily by the site owner. This seems to be a growing issue these days. Have a look at the following article:
Google has extensions available for the chrome browser which will stop crypto mining.
Hey thanks for the reply!
1) Yea honestly I am pretty sure this on their end, my laptop is pretty new, I reformatted my desktop recently and I am still getting this issue. I mean the fact that half the time I get an error 400 on the gamecentre website doesn't exactly reassure me that its well put together
2) It may be unlikely that this is the issue since I have this problem in multiple locations (home/residence/girlfriends house) but I will try these steps as soon as I get the chance
3) Like before I am in different locations so its unlikely that this is the issue especially since I do not have that modem at home
4) I tried those chrome extensions but unfortunately no luck 😞
If you're experiencing the same issue at different locations, that certainly points to an issue with Gamecenter itself. Beyond that, it would be interesting to see if there are any errors in the data stream. The one way to do that is to monitor that with Wireshark which can analyze the incoming and outgoing data traffic and indicate possible issues. That would require someone like @RogersDave or other staff engineer to look at Wireshark's output. Personally speaking, Gamecenter issues have been on the go for years. Surely someone at Rogers should be able to do this to determine if the issues are with the Gamecenter data feed from their servers, or if its a network issue, beyond the servers and enroute to the users.
Being able to watch the big games on the devices that you want is important so we definitely want to ensure we get this working for you. There should not be issues when watching via Browser.
Can you let us know which browser you are using and what type of device? Is your device up-to-date? What is the URL you are connecting to when you are trying to view the streams?
Keep us posted!
I have tried multiple browsers (chrome is the best but have also tried edge and firefox) the device is for sure up to date and the URL is https://www.nhl.com/tv/2017020213/221-1006811/54145403#game=2017020213,tfs=20171105_210030,game_stat... (oilers vs detroit game)
Welcome to the Community Forums, @GCLUser80!
My apologies for the delayed response here. I'm a die-hard Leafs fan myself, and would definitely be frustrated if I couldn't log in to catch my games. I'm hoping you were both able to catch your games, but please do keep us posted if you're still having any issues and we can look into it further.
@Rich97 I am a rogers customer. I have had constant issues with GCL for the past 2 years with issues like buffering, degradation of the picture, and audio issues. It is funny how Netflix and YouTube streams play without issues. The only reason I use GCL is because it is included with my package and promotional deal which expires in another year. Oddly, I might even feel relief that I no longer have to put up with this any longer, but there is no way I will pay for this.