cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamecenter problem

andrewfair
I've Been Around

It's 6:56 and I'm wating for Leafs game. I'm stuck on http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/gamecenterlive?id=2014020001  at the Watch Tab

Current NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscribers sign in:     DOES NOT ACCEPT MY MYROGERS LOGIN.      I have already got the NHL Checkmark on Rogers.com

The only things visible is:

Upgrade to Watch Live Games, Replays and More

***Edited Labels.***

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Gamecenter problem

RoyaleWitCheese
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to Watch Any Live Games or Full Game Replays on Desktop

Hello.  When I try to watch live games or full game replays using any web browser, all I get is a black screen where the game video should be.  I can click on the different games at the top, but the video area just stays black.  The controls at the bottom such as the volume level and full screen toggle are visible and working.  Switching the "view" to, say, dual mode just results in two video areas telling me to "select a game" but clicking on any of the games at the top does nothing. 

I have tried three different web browsers.  I am able to watch games on my phone using the NHL app.  I believe this problem has been in effect for a couple of months.  Before that it was working fine on my current system.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Good evening @RoyaleWitCheese,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums!

I totally understand the inconveniences of not having the ability to access the games you want to watch on your web browser.

Were you previously able to view the games on your browser and this issue just started happening, or you never had access?

If your location services are off, if you are using a US Internet proxy or VPN connection, the game will be blocked out on your device.

If the Rogers GameCentre LIVE logo is showing as black, when you complete the fields in the “Find out where to watch NHL game from anywhere in Canada”  section of the RGCL website and click “Check”, then the game is blacked out correctly and TV Authentication is required to watch.

Feel free to update the Community on your findings, or let us know if you have other specific inquiries regarding this issue.

RogersMaude

stone169
I Plan to Stick Around

Watching Sens/Leafs game and then it stops and tells me it's blacked out.

I was watching the Leafs/Sens game, which is free, and right after Hoffman scores in the 3rd to tie it, the game stopped streaming and then NHL Gamecenter told me it was blacked out.  I was watching it on my Xbox One.  I tried my Roku and IE, but still the same.  I rebooted both the Xbox and the Roku.  Logged out and logged back in, and still nothing.  Yes, I can view another game, but I was watching one game in particular.  I haven't gotten much help through the chat windows, because it seems like we're getting disconneted.

Now that my Saturday viewing has been ruined, all I can say is wth Rogers?  Is this going to be something that I'll have to worry about when I watch my Sens play anyone.  I live in south western Ontario and never had this issue until tonight.  I guess I can take solace in the fact that the Sens came back and won the game.  Too bad I didn't get see it.

stone169
I Plan to Stick Around
Again, let's not forget that this was the FREE GAME last night.

Everything was fine with my viewing experience of this game until the Ottawa Senators tied it up in the 3rd period, then the stream stopped, and when I tried to start it again it told me that the FREE GAME was blacked out.

I tried it this morning and the Sens/Leafs game was working. I just tried it again and it's telling me that the FREE GAME is blacked out. I do live outside of the Ottawa Senators region, either way this shouldn't make a difference as this was the FREE GAME for last night. I can't stress this enough that the Sens/Leafs game from February 18th, 2017 is the FREE GAME.

I have rebooted both my Roku and Xbox ONE. I have logged out of the app on both devices. I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, and then logged back into the app on both devices.

Perhaps Rogers should get on the phone with MLBAM to have this rectified, because I'm pretty sure that I can't be the only one. And I certainly don't want to be in the middle of watching another game, have the stream stop, and then have a message pop up saying that the game is blacked out.

Hi @stone169,

I am sorry to hear that this game cut off for you in the 3rd period. I know how much it sucks to be interrupted midstream of anything.

With that said, this is the only report I've seen of this issue. I suspect that your IP address may have renewed and it's not geotagged properly. 

Are we your Internet service provider or are you with a different ISP? Are you still unable to access this game today? Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

stone169
I Plan to Stick Around

So let me get this straight.  You suspect that my IP address may have renewed and it's not geotagged properly.   No.  My IP address shows that I am indeed in city that I currently live in.

But my question is...It is the 'FREE' game.  That means that it should not be blacked out whatsoever.  So in this instance, what would location have to do with anything?

And I was able to access the game after the 48 hours blackout rules.

Hi @RogersMaude

I was previously able to view games on my browser.

I do not believe location services are the issue here as I am only having this problem in web browsers on my desktop PC.

Blackouts are also not the issue as I cannot watch any games at all.  And I do recall that there is an error message displayed telling you that a game is blacked out.  There is no error message at all in this case.  Just darkness.

stone169
I Plan to Stick Around

So again, the "FREE GAME" of Montreal vs. Toronto is blacked out.  I thought the purpose of the "FREE GAME" was that it WAS NOT blacked out.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

I have no issue accessing this game, despite the fact that I live in Toronto where you might expect it to be blacked out. I used the following site and logged in with my rogers password.

https://www.nhl.com/tv

stone169
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm in Sarnia and no matter what I do, the 'FREE GAME' is blacked out. This started last weekend right after Mike Hoffman tied up the game against the Leafs. And I can't seem to get a decent answer as to why the 'FREE GAME' is blacked out for me. Do I have to worry about this come playoff time?

stone169
I Plan to Stick Around

Rebooted my cable modem and so far so good.  It seems to be working...for now.

Rogers, you may want to add that one of your troubleshooting steps.

Johnnybb
I've Been Around

GREAT feeds not working and Free games not working

Looking for some help. 

Tonight almost all games starting after 7 will not give me a feed to watch (says feed unavailble) this is on multiple devices 2 apple tv 2 roku and my Rogers phones and tablets.ONLY WORKS ON MY PS4.I have had center ice for over 4 years and first issue error major issue what's up?Also free game has been blacked out for over 2 months again please help

stone169
I Plan to Stick Around
Try rebooting your cable/Internet modem. Unplug it for 15 seconds, plug ìt back in and wait for it to completely boot up before turning anything on. I did that and was able to watch the Free games.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Johnnybb wrote:

GREAT feeds not working and Free games not working

Looking for some help. 

Tonight almost all games starting after 7 will not give me a feed to watch (says feed unavailble) this is on multiple devices 2 apple tv 2 roku and my Rogers phones and tablets.ONLY WORKS ON MY PS4.

I had the same issue. There were 3 games available last night and the one I wanted to watch said "feed not available" with an error code and "try again later".  I tried from both a laptop and an iPad - got the same thing. The other 2 games played just fine, except of course I was not interested in those games! Go figure; lol.  I do not expect to hear anything from rogers as they do not care.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

Not surprised at the lack of a reply from rogers. I would also like to know though, is, when GCL is actually working properly, is why the picture is infinitely superior to any hockey broadcast on rogers sportsnet. Can rogers answer this one?

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

I was pleasantly surprised tonight when, in watching the Hawks/Senators game, that I got to watch the entire post game show. This does not happen very often, as usually when the game is over, you get that message - GAME OVER. Hope this will continue!

kholdstare
I Plan to Stick Around

poor video quality on Gamecenter app for playstation 3 and 4

hello,

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing poor picture quality when watching game center live on the PlayStation app on either the PS3 or PS4.  I have a 150mbps net connection and I have tried setting the video quality to 720P but still the video looks more like a bad youtube video 

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

It seems to be always something with GCL. Tonight, while watching the Hawks/Avalanche game, I am getting "INTERMISSION IN PROGRESS'. So instead of having just the commercials blacked out, now it seems to be the entire intermission. When will there ever be a consistent experience with GCL on rogers? GCL was so much better a few years ago prior to the rogers/NHL deal. Sure glad I do not have to pay for this service.

anouk
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem.  Just signed up for Game Centre Live through Android App.  It is not connecting properly to my Rogers account.  I can't sign in using a separate Roku NHL app or through a browser in Rogers Game Centre.  But it is streaming in the Android app on the tablet.

Hello, @anouk

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate posting your concern in the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to link your purchase with MyRogers. How were you trying? Were you getting any error messages?

I suggest to launch the NHL app from your Android tablet and please tap "More" at the bottom > Tap on Settings > Login with MyRogers Credentials > This will link the account in the background.

Once the above process is complete, you can try to sign in on your Roku NHL app/desktop, it should work.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

penzioner
I Plan to Stick Around
@leeanne172
Had the same problem on both Ipad Pro and Iphone 6S+ and the problem was adblock. If you have any sort of adblock installed,disable it, and you should be fine.