Gamecenter problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Gamecenter problem

Seriously, how is it February and the app STILL hasn't been fixed to address:

- spoiler mode resetting to ON every time you revisit the site

- video feed snapping into top left corner of screen prematurely when scrolling down

- can't resize video feed

These are seriously basic issues that haven't been dealt with since you guys redid the app this summer. It's really bad. There's no way in a million years I would be paying for this. It's a garbage product.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to Watch Any Live Games or Full Game Replays on Desktop

Hello.  When I try to watch live games or full game replays using any web browser, all I get is a black screen where the game video should be.  I can click on the different games at the top, but the video area just stays black.  The controls at the bottom such as the volume level and full screen toggle are visible and working.  Switching the "view" to, say, dual mode just results in two video areas telling me to "select a game" but clicking on any of the games at the top does nothing. 

I have tried three different web browsers.  I am able to watch games on my phone using the NHL app.  I believe this problem has been in effect for a couple of months.  Before that it was working fine on my current system.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Highlighted

Good evening @RoyaleWitCheese,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums!

I totally understand the inconveniences of not having the ability to access the games you want to watch on your web browser.

Were you previously able to view the games on your browser and this issue just started happening, or you never had access?

If your location services are off, if you are using a US Internet proxy or VPN connection, the game will be blocked out on your device.

If the Rogers GameCentre LIVE logo is showing as black, when you complete the fields in the “Find out where to watch NHL game from anywhere in Canada”  section of the RGCL website and click “Check”, then the game is blacked out correctly and TV Authentication is required to watch.

Feel free to update the Community on your findings, or let us know if you have other specific inquiries regarding this issue.

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Watching Sens/Leafs game and then it stops and tells me it's blacked out.

I was watching the Leafs/Sens game, which is free, and right after Hoffman scores in the 3rd to tie it, the game stopped streaming and then NHL Gamecenter told me it was blacked out.  I was watching it on my Xbox One.  I tried my Roku and IE, but still the same.  I rebooted both the Xbox and the Roku.  Logged out and logged back in, and still nothing.  Yes, I can view another game, but I was watching one game in particular.  I haven't gotten much help through the chat windows, because it seems like we're getting disconneted.

Now that my Saturday viewing has been ruined, all I can say is wth Rogers?  Is this going to be something that I'll have to worry about when I watch my Sens play anyone.  I live in south western Ontario and never had this issue until tonight.  I guess I can take solace in the fact that the Sens came back and won the game.  Too bad I didn't get see it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Again, let's not forget that this was the FREE GAME last night.

Everything was fine with my viewing experience of this game until the Ottawa Senators tied it up in the 3rd period, then the stream stopped, and when I tried to start it again it told me that the FREE GAME was blacked out.

I tried it this morning and the Sens/Leafs game was working. I just tried it again and it's telling me that the FREE GAME is blacked out. I do live outside of the Ottawa Senators region, either way this shouldn't make a difference as this was the FREE GAME for last night. I can't stress this enough that the Sens/Leafs game from February 18th, 2017 is the FREE GAME.

I have rebooted both my Roku and Xbox ONE. I have logged out of the app on both devices. I have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, and then logged back into the app on both devices.

Perhaps Rogers should get on the phone with MLBAM to have this rectified, because I'm pretty sure that I can't be the only one. And I certainly don't want to be in the middle of watching another game, have the stream stop, and then have a message pop up saying that the game is blacked out.
Highlighted

Hi @stone169,

I am sorry to hear that this game cut off for you in the 3rd period. I know how much it sucks to be interrupted midstream of anything.

With that said, this is the only report I've seen of this issue. I suspect that your IP address may have renewed and it's not geotagged properly. 

Are we your Internet service provider or are you with a different ISP? Are you still unable to access this game today? Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So let me get this straight.  You suspect that my IP address may have renewed and it's not geotagged properly.   No.  My IP address shows that I am indeed in city that I currently live in.

But my question is...It is the 'FREE' game.  That means that it should not be blacked out whatsoever.  So in this instance, what would location have to do with anything?

And I was able to access the game after the 48 hours blackout rules.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @RogersMaude

I was previously able to view games on my browser.

I do not believe location services are the issue here as I am only having this problem in web browsers on my desktop PC.

Blackouts are also not the issue as I cannot watch any games at all.  And I do recall that there is an error message displayed telling you that a game is blacked out.  There is no error message at all in this case.  Just darkness.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So again, the "FREE GAME" of Montreal vs. Toronto is blacked out.  I thought the purpose of the "FREE GAME" was that it WAS NOT blacked out.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I have no issue accessing this game, despite the fact that I live in Toronto where you might expect it to be blacked out. I used the following site and logged in with my rogers password.

https://www.nhl.com/tv