cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamecenter problem

andrewfair
I've Been Around

It's 6:56 and I'm wating for Leafs game. I'm stuck on http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/gamecenterlive?id=2014020001  at the Watch Tab

Current NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscribers sign in:     DOES NOT ACCEPT MY MYROGERS LOGIN.      I have already got the NHL Checkmark on Rogers.com

The only things visible is:

Upgrade to Watch Live Games, Replays and More

***Edited Labels.***

282 REPLIES 282

Re: Gamecenter problem

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

This evening, I tried to log into GameCentre Live. I used the following site: 

https://secure.gamecentrelive.rogers.com/signin

I was told I have to purchase a subscription despite being on an Ignite Internet plan with a 2-year contract. 

I then tried the following site with no issues:

https://www.nhl.com/login/rogers

What gives rogers? Why do we always have to experience these issues? Why does one site work and another one does not. Please rogers, get your act together. 

Drew62
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having the exact same issue. I try to access my account on the Android app last night and again today and I get a message that "Your Profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account linked to it". I have internet, phone, tv and home security on my account. The same issue happened when I tried using the Xbox app.

I have no issue logging into MyRogers that shows all 4 services attached to my account.

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

I just spoke to a rogers csr regarding this issue. He was not helpful at all. He basically told me that he did not see an issue as long as I was able to access gamecentre live through the NHL site as I listed above. He missed the whole point. The https://secure.gamecentrelive.rogers.com/signin was working fine up until Sunday evening. It was only yesterday that the site had issues and told me that I had to purchase a subscription. Someone at rogers needs to look into this.

@Drew62 I had no problems using the Android app on my phone. 

vgodin72
I've Been Here Awhile

I have had similar problems. Sometimes the Game Center site lets me stream games no prob, and then other times, at random, it'll either tell me I am not a subscriber, or that the game is blacked out in my region. Neither is true. I would guess that I can watch my games as expected 90% of the time however on the Rogers site.

When there is a problem, I usually try the NHL site using my Rogers login, and that usually works, but again, not always, and not always on the first try.

I find that the Game Center app on my phone works almost all of the time. I can stream that to my tv.

I should also try the app on my ps4. I had forgot that I can use that as well.

I am happy that I get all of the games included with my cable/internet package... but it's often a shaky service.

Drew62
I've Been Here Awhile

This started working for me yesterday on Android phone. I haven't tried the Xbox app yet but I assume it is fine as well.

musky
I Plan to Stick Around

Why cant i watch games from the beggining while there still live

last year if i got home a hour late i could still click on the watch from beggining tab and it would play the hockey game in proggress now this year all it does is say the gamr will begin shortly?? did thwe get rid of that without removing the tab.

Kaysh_Ore
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having this same problem. I could stream games on my laptop using Chrome no problems until just before the Christmas break, and now I get the message "The content you requested is not available. Please check your network connection and try again later."

I can watch on my iphone no problem. I was on the phone with Rogers, and they transferred me to Gamecetner, and nobody could help me or knew what i was talking about. Strangely, there is a whole forum about this issue, they told me to read the forum

Re: Gamecenter Problem

Kaysh_Ore
I've Been Here Awhile

Same problem! Totally worked a couple of days ago, now this. Spent 30 minutes on the phone, no help. Help!

Dugi
I'm a Senior Contributor

GCL has been hit and miss all year for me. I have used an Android phone, an iPad, and a laptop. I have no problems casting to Chromecast, but the picture quality drives me batty. At times, I get a picture that is better than anything I would see on sportsnet. At other times, the picture is not much better than a blur! Even worse is commenting here and nobody from rogers ever gets back to you; or they say they will get back to you but then never follow through. If I was paying for GCL, I would cancel, but since it is included with my package, I just hope for the best every time I use it.

I am having the exact same issue since about mid-December: "The content you requested is not available. Please check your network connection and try again later."  Live chats with Rogers support get me nowhere and it worked fine before that.  I use Google Chrome and other browsers are the same problem.  Incredibly frustrating - how could it work fine for 2 years with no problems and then all of a sudden stop working with an error that NO ONE from Rogers has any idea how to fix?

GCL does not work in browser

Hello, I am hoping someone could help me or even point me in the right direction with regards to Rogers Game Center live not working in my browser.

GCL works fine on my PS4 and iPhone via the NHL app, however, the stream will not load/start on my pc. I've tried chrome , opera and edge. I've tried logging in via NHL.com/login/rogers and also Tried via schedule on my Rogers acct. None have worked. If I scroll down on the video page I get two spinning grey wheels that never load any content. Fire wall is turned off, security settings are low, enable location is on in all browsers., isp is eastlink and flash version is the newest.

The only thing I can think of is during the redirect to NHL.com after I click on the game to watch is that it's not authenticating properly. Any suggestions? Thanks

Good morning and welcome to our Community @Nightsins!

It is odd that it works via your console but not via a browser. What OS are you running? Is your computer connected via Ethernet or WiFi? It's possible this is a connectivity issue.

I understand you've tried multiple browsers but have you attempted to clear cookies/cache/certificates? 

Please let us know! Thanks!

RogersCorey

leeanne172
I Plan to Stick Around

iPad just black screens

I cannot watch any game at all on my or my husbands iPad, both are iPad Pro and up to date, have uninstalled the NHL app a bunch of times but still the games just come up as a black screen, I can see the scores below where the picture should be but just no picture,  I have no issues on my Android or desktop, just both iPads, it's a good thing I don't have to pay extra for GCL because it certainly would NOT be worth it.

Hello, @leeanne172

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I appreciate the reinstallation of the NHL app on your iPads. It's very strange that you have the black screen on both of your iPads. Is it happening only for the live games?

Do you have the app store set to the Canadian store (the location is set by the preferences linked to your Apple ID)? Have you signed in with your MyRogers account in the NHL app? Looking forward to helping resolve the issue. 

@Community - anybody else having the black screen issues with iPads?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

leeanne172
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes to both questions, signed in with Canadian version and yes I use my Rogers ID with the app but no it's not just live games, it's also archived games as well.  I do believe although I have not tried it in awhile, that I can listen to the games via the game day audio, it's just the video side.  I get that little circle at the top left hand side of the iPad screen that just spins and spins like it's trying to connect but just never does.

Hi @leeanne172

Thanks for replying on the Community Forums. This issue might require a ticket to be created and investigated. To assist you further, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps.

RogersPrasana

MicahWo
I've Been Here Awhile

Does GCL work on Windows10

Hi Support team

Can you confirm if GCL works in a browser froma Windows 10 pc? I have it working on PS3, Apple TV, Macbook and my work pc on Windows 7 but it has never worked for Windows 10.  I get the black screen and spinning wheel if I scroll down as a few have reported previously in the threads.

The browser tracing gives me this error. Failed to load resource: net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE

Hello @MicahWo,

Welcome to our Community Forums!

Are you getting this error with every browser that you use or are you only using the Edge browser?

RogersCorey

DSgamby
I Plan to Stick Around
Works fine on my Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers.

MicahWo
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello RogersCorey

It is for every browser. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, IE 11 and Edge

arzt506
I've Been Around

Seriously, how is it February and the app STILL hasn't been fixed to address:

- spoiler mode resetting to ON every time you revisit the site

- video feed snapping into top left corner of screen prematurely when scrolling down

- can't resize video feed

These are seriously basic issues that haven't been dealt with since you guys redid the app this summer. It's really bad. There's no way in a million years I would be paying for this. It's a garbage product.