Gamecenter problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Gamecenter problem

I wonder if chrome OS is working yet. I was running through my chromebook prior to all star game and it worked fine. Now nothing. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

The NHL Gemeceter website and Android app have been a great avenue to watch my favorite sport for years.   The interface was simple, all of the features were available and simple to figure out.... Then Rogers got involved.   

Now I can't even do something as simple as hide the score in my browser.  I know where the setting is, it simply doesn't work.   The game stutters and randomly changes to live view!  Are you kidding me?!  I was in the second period of a game, and it suddenly jumped to live view with only seconds left.  Luckily I already knew the score because I couldn't hide it!!    Want to skip through a blank commecial graphic?  No!  Click skip forward by 10 seconds a hundred times, no change... wait for a few minutes and suddenly your at a completely different part of the game.

The Android app is even more hilarious.  I have tried every option to stop getting notifications, but no matter what I do, it tells me when my team scores, or when the game is over and who won.  I can pause the game which is nice, but then I can't resume it at the same place... just goes straight to live.   

Rogers, you are good at selling products and services but please, please stop messing up every piece of software you touch!!  Gamecenter is now completely useless to me... i am extremely 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I finally managed to stream a game from the new android app to my chromecast last night. It's confusing, as the app seems to be both NHL and Rogers, and you're never sure which one, but anyway it finally worked. The quality was very good once it was streaming and it never dropped. I won't even bother with the extra features yet. I'll just keep fingers crossed that the live streaming continues to work.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @

We're glad you're now able to stream games from the Android app to the Chromecast! Smiley Happy Thanks for sharing the information with the Community.
RogersArthur
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Xbox One app updated today - streaming worked great. Thanks, all.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Update... Tried to watch the Leafs game last night from NHL/Rogers app. Worked ok if watching directly on laptop or android, but streaming to Chromecast would not work, In fact, the Chromecast icon had mysteriously disappeared from the android app.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Since the changes to NHL Live, gamecenter live is not even worth paying anything for ever again. I paid over $200 this year to watch hockey. The old gamecenter live actually never blacked out any games in my region. Either it didnt check where i was from, or just luckily never had a game blacked out. Now with NHL Live it blacks out every game in my region. Also, the quality is not even close to being the same, with lagging video and sound/ not even watchable half the time. The features of NHL Live are terrible compared to gamecenter live. Cannot change anything i used to be able to change. I contacted rogers about this and they offered me a pro rated refund of what is left on the season. So about $75, but i have to cancel my subscription. I will not be able to watch any games for the rest of the year, or any of the replays i paid for. I chose to keep Gamecenter Live but for a week and a half since i talked to rogers it has not improved at all. I wish to be refunded what i paid for, as well as be able to watch the rest of the season. This software was not what I purchased and for rogers to change it halfway through the season is unbelievable. Enjoy my money as you continue to upset youre customers. Josh Moynahan

I've Been Around

do you have any other gamertags, that you may have saved data with nhl.tv? thats what happened to me, logged into my other account with the saved data, it works now

go to manage app on nhl.tv and see if theres any other saved data

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello.

I purchased GameCentre a little while back and got the Early Bird special so I could watch the World Cup of Hockey. Problem is, I get a black screen when I try and use it on my computer. I'm running Windows 10 and tried it on Chrome and Edge but both produce black screens. My firewall isn't an issue so I'm not sure why it's not working.

Any ideas?