cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamecenter problem non Rogers customer

Skydiver
I'm Here A Lot

Im starting this thread for people having problems with logging into Gamcenter Live who are not Rogers customers, and hopefully stop some confusion. 

I am NOT a Rogers customer, and I am having trouble with every aspect of logging into gamecenter, including the customer service. I have a MyRogers profile, which I used to purchase Gamecenter Live.  I have a bank statement saying I paid for it, and I also have an Email confirming that I had paid.  I did notice something about the email.  It says "Your Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE purchase is complete, please find details attached."........There are no details attached.  Is that where the problem is occurring?  Should there be details, perhaps a confirmation link?  I don't know. 

Here's how it goes down for me and, from what I have read, a lot of other people.

I log into my MyRogers profile where it brings up a page saying "Welcome to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™ for the 2015/16 NHL Season! Your subscription is now activated."  I click on the Schedule link as instructed and it links to NHL.com where it asks me to sign in with my MyRogers profile, at which point it tells me "Thank you for logging in with your MyRogers™ credentials. Your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account linked to it. Please link one of these Rogers accounts to your MyRogers profile or subscribe to Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE™. Visit rogers.com/support for more information."

I have chatted to several live chat operators for a total of 2 hours, with no solution

I have chatted to several call centre operators for total of 2 hours, with no solution

All of whom had no idea that there was even a problem, yet when you look on the forums there are countless posts about this issue.  

I was told my the live chat agent that I would be called back by the IT department within an hour......that was 24 hours ago

I was told again by the call center agent that I would be called back in 24-48 hours, with no guarantee for a fix.  

Please Rogers moderators, tell me exactly what I have paid for? A waste of time and energy?  My time is worth something to me, and if this isnt resolved soon, then let me know where I can send the invoice for the 4 hours of my time that were wasted.

***Edited Labels***

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Gamecenter problem non Rogers customer

stillwater1918
I've Been Here Awhile

Also a non-Rogers customer having the same issues as the thread starter.

Gamecenter bought and paid for and cannot watch any hockey. Two hours on the phone last night, the last tech support person I spoke to PROMISED that this would be fixed by today.

To no avail.

I have had this exact same problem. @RogersHelps on twitter said it would be resolved "within an hour" - that was over a day ago. Live Chat was useless.

Told them unless it's resolved by my team's first game on Saturday, I would be asking for a refund. I'm not sure if they care.

darrenmp
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the exact same problem except I received a second email with purchase information and an account number. Of course when I try to log in to MyRogers to check my account there it asks me to link a wireless or internet account, neither of which I have, and there is no where to put in the Gamecentre account number. With nothing linked I can't even view basic account information or change my password.

An hour and a half on chat support last night solved nothing either.

Hello Community, 

I apologize for this and I can understand the frustration. Has anyone tried the temporary solution "here" that was given to @khali?

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

dave8
I Plan to Stick Around
theres never a problem taking your money though that you can bet works perfrctly the rest are minor details

healthyitch
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm also having the exact same problem.  Live chatted with someone and they said that he would escalate to IT.  Was not given an ETA.  With regards to the temporary solution, how does one go about requesting that?  I would hope that Rogers accepts responsibility for this outage and compensates accordingly.  I'm going to wait until the weekend before I request a full refund.

dave8
I Plan to Stick Around
They should give us a month of all the games until they figure out how to fix this

darrenmp
I've Been Here Awhile

After chatting with Bhuran tonight I was given a 30 pass to Gamecentre and a timeframe of a week for my account to be fixed. So far the code works well. Thanks Bhuran!

Skydiver
I'm Here A Lot
I'm curious if anyone here has had an issue where they couldn't even find you in their system?

I am not a Rogers customer, but I have paid for GCL. I can watch GCL on my laptop and iPad by logging in through Rogers GCL app, but I cannot watch GCL on Apple TV. How do I watch NHL hockey on Apple TV? When I try to logon to the NHL gamecentre app on my tv it says I don't have an account

Is Rogers GCL different than the GCL that is on Apple TV? It seems that this is way harder than it should be to get GCL on appletv especially because all of my friends had it last year.

kholdstare
I Plan to Stick Around

well i know on the andriosd app and maybe the IOS app that the latest update removed the rogers signin option and it has been a couple days now since that was updated

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I am not clear what you mean by the Rogers sign-in option having been removed. We have downloaded both the new iOS and Android apps. They are now called "Rogers NHL". I can assure you that there is a Rogers sign-in option with both new apps!

dave8
I Plan to Stick Around

I HAD  a similar experience my roku device would not let me use the french package.  The solution i have after about 6 hours on the phone 4 of them on hold  is to cancel my service they CANNOT solve my problem. I did tell them to e-mail me when they have a solution because i am now the proud owner of a roku that I have no use for. Thanks Rogers for selling me a product that's not ready for prime time.

Egevry
I've Been Here Awhile
Same problem, I am not able to watch the games even if I am logged in. When I click on my.account it says Rogers user without an email address. Spent some time on the chat, no result.

Hello @Egevry,

What did live chat tell you? Did they open a ticket for you or go through troubleshooting steps? Please provide more information in order for us to help. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Egevry
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersHassam They opened a ticket. Later that night I was able to connect using my tablet or cellphone. Not sure if they change something on my profile but it seems to work now. Thanks for following up!

CRTCrules
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't login to NHL Gamecenter...wants me to link accounts when I don't have any!!

I am not a Rogers customer but paid for NHL Gamecenter at $199.  Now a few minutes after the purchase I download the Apple app and when I log in it won't let me because it says I must link to other Rogers accounts...WHICH I DON'T HAVE ROGERS PEOPLE...HENCE WHY I CLICKED ON THE ICON 'NOT A ROGERS CUSTOMER'

I see I'm not the only one who's had that problem...your call centre guy was as helpful as a tree stump.  He opened a ticket and told me it would take up to 3 days for someone to get back to me.  Based on the other people's comments I shouldn't hold my breath.  Really Rogers?! You've had exclusivity to NHL games for 2 yrs and you still can't make your online product work?!  Please fix this now or I will give up and simply cancel the whole thing.

Hi @CRTCrules,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Are you only having issues with the Apple App? Have you tried logging in using your computer? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

CRTCrules
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes and the same message appears...your profile does not appear to have a wireless or internet account linked to it.  Please link one of these Rogers accounts to myRogers profile or subscribe to Rogers NHL Game Centre Live

@CRTCrules, I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersHassam 

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 in conversation