cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab update?

darrenhumphries
I've Been Around

Has there been any mention of updates for the Galaxy Tab?  There's a lot of talk of "honeycomb" tablets and just wondering if the Tab will be getting it (officially).

Don't get me wrong, Android 2.2 is capable and all, but we always like updates. 🙂

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy Tab update?

RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi darrenhumphries,

I'm not sure, I will look into this.

On that note, be sure to enter to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab in our Community Solutions contest between now and March 22nd.

Click here to learn how!

Cheers

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RogersErin

Hi darrenhumphries,

I'm not sure, I will look into this.

On that note, be sure to enter to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab in our Community Solutions contest between now and March 22nd.

Click here to learn how!

Cheers

Anything further on a Rogers supported firmware update for the Tab? Version 2.3 is available from Samsung. This version is required to support video conferencing with Skype. Sure would be nice...

Thanks 

nauthier
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any update to this? It appears that everyone else is getting or has gotten the 2.3.3(Gingerbread) update for their Galaxy Tab. Can someone from Rogers let us know if/when this should be available?

nauthier
I Plan to Stick Around
Really would like to know! Someone at Rogers can answer? Anyone else who wants to know, lets make this a big topic!

phre3d
I've Been Around

friend of mine on Bell got it.

KWUser
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I think this is why I avoid Android. I can't imagine having to beg my carrier for OS updates.

rclay
I've Been Around
Nothing to do with Android. It's Rogers that has abandoned their Galaxy Tab customers. My contract expires in 4 months so I'll probably unlock my tab and go with Bell. They have made OS 2.3.3 available for their GT clients.

Haha!  "I dunno" is marked as the solution!  Come on Rogers, get with it!  Every other carrier has done this update (that I know of).  Just release it already.  What is the hard work, except for just adding in the Rogers app.

Thanks

dnavia
I Plan to Stick Around
The galaxy tab has a single core processor. According to Honeycomb specs, it is built with dual-core processors in mind (optimus, tab 10.1 etc..) so the chances of this releasing for the original tab are slim to none, without a complete rewrite of honeycomb. Better odds of gingerbread being released then honeycomb.
I am a Rogers employee, but my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Rogers or its affiliates. Je suis un(e) employé(e) de Rogers mais mes commentaires sont les miens et ne reflètent pas nécessairement le point de vue de Rogers ou d’une société de son groupe.

DWKnight
I've Been Around

We're after a gingerbread (2.3.x) update that has already been released from samsung and is merely pending a push from Rogers to deploy (afaik).

Honeycomb (3.0.x) isn't as high a priority given that samsung hasn't released such an update for the Tab.

Bobn462
I've Been Around

I am another Galaxy Tab customer waiting for the 2.3 update. Bell has released it to their customers, why hasn't Rogers?

logicalapex
I've Been Around
I connected my tab to kies this morning and low and behold the Rogers Gingerbread firmware was listed as ready to upgrade. The upgrade took about 1/2hr and worked perfectly for me.

As indicated by the previous reply, the Gingerbread update for the Galaxy Tab seems to be available. However, when I connect my Rogers Tab to my PC and start Kies Mini, the update is not available to me (the Phone Update button is grayed out.)

For Firmware Version: I have "Unregistered device". Could that be the problem? Perhaps someone can help me out.

It seems you need to use KIES, not KIES MINI. I can upgrade it to 2.3 .

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 14 in conversation