Galaxy S5 Emojis Not Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S5 Emojis Not Working

I can receive emojis just fine, and I can type them in on the keyboard and everything, but when I send them to my friends (Android or iPhone) they show up as question marks.

It's driving me insane! Is this happening to anyone else?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S5 Emojis Not Working

Hello cassieandra0101

That works because you are converting it into a MMS which will let the Emojis work. It does this with all phones when a text message turns into a MMS message.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cassieandra0101

Works just fine on my S5. Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device see if that will fix it? Also have you checked on XDA to see if anything comes up?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have the exact same problem, been trying to figure it out. I wonder if its a carrier thing i am Rogers Android sending to Mts iphone. Did you happen to figure it out??

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gdeur

Have you followed the steps above i have posted to see if that works?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Tried the factory reset, still the same problem. Friend has Android on my, emojis show up on my iPhone. My Rogers don't. Cross carrier problem?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello gdeur

It might be but for me and others it seems to work. Could be a error or something like
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried the factory reset and it didn't work.

I agree with it being a cross-carrier thing though! It only happens when I send to MTS phones...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cassieandra0101

Maybe MTS doesn't support it OR could be a internal issue. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

OMG I just found out that if I convert my text into an MMS then emojis show up just fine!

Not sure how to make it convert automatically when I add an emoji but using an "Add Slide" option converts it to MMS and then my MTS friends can see my emojis!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello cassieandra0101

That works because you are converting it into a MMS which will let the Emojis work. It does this with all phones when a text message turns into a MMS message.

View solution in original post