Galaxy S4 mini..is my SIM an NFC SIM??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeerHunter125
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Galaxy S4 mini..is my SIM an NFC SIM??

I recently got the Galaxy S4 mini and have to say..so far..I'm loving it (except for the dorky keyboard but that's for another day).

I want to use online banking but require an NFC SIM.I didn't specify this when I got the phone. I can turn NFC on on the phone but the app says my phone isn't compatible (though it's on the list) and I need an NFC SIM card.

I'm confused as since I can turn it on on the phone , I'm assuming the SIM has it enabled..but is it? How can I tell? WIll it be stamped on the ISM card?

Txs

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
TheBaz568
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S4 mini..is my SIM an NFC SIM??

To add to the previous comment, here is a link where you can buy a NFC Sim straight from rogers http://www.rogers.com/web/content/sim-cart . Any Sim card that says "Suretap" is NFC enabled. You can install the SureTap wallet app which is created by rogers, from google play to use NFC payment, or you can use the an app from the bank of your choice.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Beerhunter125

You need to go get a NFC micro sim card. A normal micro sim card does NOT have NFC compatibilities like a NFC Sim card can. That is why you can not use it yet.

Go into your local Rogers store & ask if they can give you a NFC micro sim card. Most of the times they will just hand them out if you explain the situation but sometimes they will charge you $9.99+ tax.
TheBaz568
I've Been Here Awhile

To add to the previous comment, here is a link where you can buy a NFC Sim straight from rogers http://www.rogers.com/web/content/sim-cart . Any Sim card that says "Suretap" is NFC enabled. You can install the SureTap wallet app which is created by rogers, from google play to use NFC payment, or you can use the an app from the bank of your choice.

View solution in original post

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello TheBaz568

While you could buy it online it does take 1-3 business days to ship to u. You could always go to the store and get one that same day or hour instead of waiting for Rogers to ship it.

Also the SureTap wallet can be used BUT only with a CIBC / any banks that work with Rogers or a Rogers Mastercard. It doesn't take anything else.