Galaxy S4 Screen Cracks for no reason

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S4 Screen Cracks for no reason

Kronixx, forgot to mention, a coworker has the note3 and within a few weeks the screen formed a hairline crack. To my surprise, Samsung replaced his phone with a new phone no refrub. Good on Samsung but I still wouldn't buy Samsung from now on.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can you really  complain about a manufacturer when you drop your phone?? What did you exepct?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@BS

I'm not faulting Samsung for my stupidity, I'm faulting them for super overcharging on their replacements parts. My nephew dropped his  iPhone 5 and cracked his screen and all it cost was a tad over a C note but $310 for an S4 screen, nuts.🙉👎

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you have the Device protection plan with Rogers?? I know I had the same problem with dropping my S3, but thankfully the protection plan made my replacement cost only about $150

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No, I never buy these extended warranties. Win most, lose some. All good now that I'm enjoying my G2. I'm a sucker for new toys anyway.😜
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello samsvoc

The device protect is pretty good even if you pay $7.99. Mind you tho you still gotta pay $150+ for a new one but u get one lol. Although just like me, you love your new toys.

Perhaps you most likely get the G3 when and if it will come out? I am hoping it does.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Samsung has very bad customer service comparatively to apple service. Rogers customer doesn t help me to solve the problem of my S4. Never be customer again in the future.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ramzi456

You must understand one thing here. Rogers can only do so much.

What is wrong with your device?Yea your saying crashing but something is causing it.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello from PJ in Waterford Ireland, 
But I’m have the same problems with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I’ve tried every where for help!!
I’m send you a letter I sent to a lot of different people and companies and just a few links of people from all over the world with the same trouble.. I Thanks

Patrick 

Ref: Samsung Galaxy S4, Green black Screen….

Dear Sir’s,

I would like your help, and please don’t just dismiss this letter for help, as others have done, and I need it and would be most great full,

I Brought one of your Phone’s the Samsung Galaxy S4 from the Mobile Phone company hear in The Rep’ of Ireland named Three.ie, on a 2 year contract and all was well phone was great, it did all and more than I wanted, as I am disabled and live alone in the county side I rely on my phone a great deal.
One day not long ago I was out doing my weekly shopping and made a phone call on my phone (S4) and all was well.
But how ever when I came out of the store after shopping I wanted to make another call and the phone turn on ok, like came on be hide the buttons but screen was green and black snow like screen,
So I took it back to the store which I brought it from, they told me that I had a 2 year warranty from Samsung, and that is was a fault with the phone and so all would be repaired and given back to me, But I then received an e-mail from the repair company that Three.ie use’s I would have to pay about an 170.00 Euros, and they said Physical Damage, and it is not, from the first day the phone is kept in a rubber silicon cover, I even brought all the assessors I’ll need for the S5 when it come to the end of my present contract.

Three.ie don’t seem to be interested and just want me to keep paying Euros 40.66c each month for the next 9 months even though I have no phone and they will not honor the warranty,
Can you Please Help, I enclose the Repair email I received,

Thank you and Please do reply.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello screens4

Unfortunately Samsung never provides 2 year warranty unless you pay the extra fee but it doesn't work for cellphones and it's different in every country. The person you bought the phone from, gave you the wrong information about the 2 year warranty. All cellphones came with a 1 year manufacturer limited warranty which doesn't cover LCD cracks or glass or physical damage. It does state this in the little manual you get and online.

This issue however is a known issue around the world and like u, i posted links to a few forums in the states and in Europe where people have claimed the same exact thing. I fell a victim to the as well with my S4. In the end i paid the $130+ tax to get a brand new one from Rogers ( Rogers protection). I sent back the phone to Rogers and even their techs said it's a known issue but can't do much either.