cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 email not syncing after ICS 4.0.4 upgrade

jermbos
I Plan to Stick Around

My S3 email (@rogers.com email)  was working fine, then I got the ICS 4.0.4 upgrade and now my email isn't automatically pushed to my phone.  Now in order to see new emails I have to go into the email app and click refresh.  But I would like to be notified when an email comes in.

In the settings I have the "sync email" checked as well as "check email frequency" set to every 5 minutes.  Also have email notifications checked.

I have also deleted the email account and re-added it again, still did not fix the issue.

Is anybody else having this issue? 

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Galaxy S3 email not syncing after ICS 4.0.4 upgrade

mbernie
I've Been Here Awhile
I seem to have fixed the problem. in your drop down setting at the top. there's a sync option. apparently the ICS upgrade has turned it off after reboot.

I turned it back on and my emails are now synching again

cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Marcyan83
I Plan to Stick Around

It might be the case for all of us. I haven't received auto-updates as well but I can't guarantee its true yet. I did receive emails on my desktop but not on my phone. Very interesting.

Lets hope the 4.1 JellyBean update will fix all of this. I honestly don't know what they could be fixing with this if they know the JB update is coming. They should've just waited.

If you've followed the other thread I reported battery drain issues (which it was suppose to fix) how ironic. I've also experienced more lag with the S3 as well.

mbernie
I've Been Here Awhile
I'm having the same issue. Can we contact someone????

I'm pretty annoyed already

mbernie
I've Been Here Awhile
I seem to have fixed the problem. in your drop down setting at the top. there's a sync option. apparently the ICS upgrade has turned it off after reboot.

I turned it back on and my emails are now synching again

cheers

jermbos
I Plan to Stick Around
Thanks i also figured it out shortly after posting it, it was right under my nose.

I am still having problems... Can you be a little more specific in the settings how to fix this problem. I feel like the more I try, the more I make it worse....

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Sakura_lolo

What exact problems are you having?Let us know & we can try & help you.
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation