Galaxy S3 Micro SD card ejection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Galaxy S3 Micro SD card ejection

My MicroSD card started ejecting about a month ago in my S3. Not physically, just the software. It will read the card, then say it was removed, then read it again. Every once in a while it will say the SD card is corrupted. I bought a new one and put it in and got the same result. I physically ejected the so it wouldnt kill the battery. When i push it back in sometimes I can go a whole day before it starts doing it again, other times not even 5 minutes. Has anybody else had this problem? I've owned it since the day it was released.

****Edited Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S3 Micro SD card ejection

Sounds like a defect. SD card failures are pretty common but the likelihood of two in a row is low. I would exchange the phone or send it in, for warranty repair.
Rogers will take it right at the store.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I would mention what Chuckee said.

I think Rogers doesn't require you to pay if it is not a human-error.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've just had my second sd card go down in the s3. The card is barely a couple weeks old. It just told me the card was unmounted and ready to eject. After that, it was fried...
Any one else?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have NEVER seen this happen on my 2GB / 8GB 16GB & my 64GB micro SD card. I switch them from different phones & on my S3 as well. Never had this issue. It could be the device is either doing this or the memory card is not made for the device. I would contact Samsung & see what they say.