Galaxy S3 - Cell Standby Battery Usage

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S3 - Cell Standby Battery Usage

Has anyone else noticed the Cell Standby Battery Usage on their S3 to be really high?

This is being reported in various versions of the phone: http://www.itechpost.com/articles/3095/20120628/samsung-galaxy-s3-misreport-battery-usage-fix.htm

Appears to be a simple reporting error but the only fix for it right now is for rooted phones. Wonder when there will be an official patch for this?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Galaxy S3 - Cell Standby Battery Usage

Thanks for asking this. Battery lasts only about 7 hours out of the box, when battery life is supposed to be one of the phone's features according to excited reviewers worldwide.

It looks like a relatively easy fix that will make a huge difference for customers. Come on Rogers! We don't want to be forced to root our phones.
I've Been Around

There should be a patch eventually. It's just so terrible.

Apparently it's only SHOWING that the cell standby is the big drain and it isn't actually affecting the battery. However, my battery sucks personally. I get about 12 hours of barely-moderate use and it's needing to be recharged. Completely going against all the reviews i've read online about how amazing the battery is.
I'm Here A Lot

my new GS3 battery lasts about 6 hours with maybe a little bit more than moderate use. what's wrong here? I bought this phone against HTC One X because all the reviews say HTC one X battery is not as good as GS3 but I can't imagine any other phones would have even worse battery life. While I like this phone the battery life just sucks balls.

I Plan to Stick Around

My battery drain was horrible too and I was reall regretting switching to this device from my iPhone 4. I swicthed to power saving mode, turned off my GPS location service and the battery drain is 100% better. I also close all opend apps from time to time and clear the ram. Remove all auto sync accounts if you dont use them.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine for my Note was crazy high. With regular use i was lucky to get 7 or 8 hours use out of it. After this update to ics, it seems to have gotten better by 3 hours. Standby is a lot better now too. It's amazing how a simple software tweak can sort something as simple a battery life out. Now, hopefully they can sort out the excessive heat the phone lets off work extended use.......
I've Been Around

Same problem here in Montreal really sucks sin my battery drains really fast when I am not using my phone
I Plan to Stick Around

For all of you that are having problems, are you all located in LTE areas?

I Plan to Stick Around

recently I tried LTE, and it's draining battery like crazy and the phone is warm... I switched to 4g and i'm at 75% left after a day of use and cell is cold...

I'm Here A Lot

I'm also having the same problem.  I seem to be losing battery at a rate of 10% per hour.. before my work day is done, I already have to charge the phone again! 

My cell standby is ridiculously high as well, I've tried getting rid of all my apps, my power saving is on, my display is extremely dim.  I've even had a Rogers rep tell me to turn off my data completely.  Seriously?  Isn't the point of having this phone to have data?  What's the point in me paying for data then? 

I ended up trying it out, turned off data, even switched my network to 2G and it still lost at 10% per hour. 

I keep getting the same questions, 'what apps do you have?' from rogers.  I've even wiped out/resetted the phone to see if it'd make a difference, but there's no difference.  It appears there's quite a few people having this problem, but when I talked to Rogers about it, the rep told me no one has this problem and it's 'doubtful' that it's the phone itself.

Great customer service.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 in conversation