Galaxy S3 4.4.2 update broke Message Access Profile - no texts in car

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rixard
I've Been Around

Galaxy S3 4.4.2 update broke Message Access Profile - no texts in car

After updating my Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 it seems that the Message Access Profile (MAP) feature is missing or broken.

Our family can no longer access our text messages via bluetooth in our cars. The previous update worked fine.

It seems that this is a common problem on many brands/carriers and is specifically 4.4.2

Is Rogers aware of this?

Will there be a 4.4.3 update to fix this?

Or was this done specifically to try to coerse people into upgrading their phones?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S3 4.4.2 update broke Message Access Profile - no texts in car

Hello Rixard

Unfortunately there is no timing on when or if 4.4.3 will fix this issue. This means its a Samsung end problem & not Samsung. The carriers could be aware of this issue but Samsung must find the problem & fix it. Then when the update comes out, the carriers will test the update & if its all good, they will send it out. Depending on when this happens tho.

There is no way of knowing if Rogers knows or not but i am sure they know if this is a problem happening with 4.4.2 within many carriers, Samsung is most likely aware & fixing the issue.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rixard

Unfortunately there is no timing on when or if 4.4.3 will fix this issue. This means its a Samsung end problem & not Samsung. The carriers could be aware of this issue but Samsung must find the problem & fix it. Then when the update comes out, the carriers will test the update & if its all good, they will send it out. Depending on when this happens tho.

There is no way of knowing if Rogers knows or not but i am sure they know if this is a problem happening with 4.4.2 within many carriers, Samsung is most likely aware & fixing the issue.

View solution in original post

J_Lam
I've Been Here Awhile

I hope there is a fix coming soon, I have. 2014 car and it is useless right now since update to 4.4.2
Also with the s3
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello J-Lam

I would hope so as i am reading other forums and many on carriers around the world are having this issue. Samsung should be aware of this and should be able to provide a fix.
J_Lam
I've Been Here Awhile

Do you know if rogers will be rolling out the 4.4.3 for the S3?? I know the phone is getting quite obsolete since s4 and s5 is out.