Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Hey Meowmix, I hear you. I'm just saying that they do sometimes bend. I do agree that LTE is very new, so I think that it would be a bit unreasonable to start demanding refunds at this stage of the game. I only got my discounts and credits after about a year of complaints and crappy connections.
One thing that does anger me, is after two plus years... rogers finally told me, Yup we know that there's a problem, and a new tower is scheduled to be built in early 2012,but that relates to HSPA+. What leaves rogers and the other Telecoms open to criticism, is that they keep bragging about theoretical Max speeds. Most people don't get the "theoretical' bit.
Hey Meowmix, have a GREAT Christmas. 🙂
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is true Shaggy i agree with you on that

Have a Great & merry Christmas as well 🙂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well it seems that this is still an issue as its been happening to me in Ottawa, my phone tonight goes directly to voice mail when someone calls, although I am still able to make calls and send and receive texts messages. I also called a friend in the area that has the same phone and it also went directly to voice mail. I called Rogers and the tech said they know about it and are working on solutions, it is a good phone but this issue is a real problem. Having to worry about weather or not I can receive a call, is not a fun "FEATURE" of this phone.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im in Toronto and is experiencing the same issue, on the 4g network i receive calls, but i don't receive call when my phone is set to LTE... I can make calls, but not receiving calls.
Any help would be appreciated.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I qam in Centrepointe area. Two days ago I noticed that there was no "data" signal on the Galaxy S II. I had until then been getting LTE/4G/3G depending on whwre I was -- but more 3G/4G than LTE. Isnt Ottawa the LTE area for Rogers? Where did they do the setup/testing; surely not in a lab somewhere. Also the signal strength is usually one or two bars but other phones have better reception/signal. This morning I monitored the signal on the drive from Tallwood down Meadowlands to Riverside. Only got 4G and sometimes no signal for a few seconds.

Tech Support said the Phone signals would always be 4G and that only the data would go up to LTE.

Copuld it be the phone itself?

Also anyone else notice that the upper portion of the phone seems to get hot? Would the battery explode anytime soon!! 🙂

Regards

Highlighted
I've Been Around

+1 more person.

About 10% of the incoming calls on my phone don't come through, ring, or provide any kind of notification. I can call out, text out, receive text, etc. no problem. Only incoming calls are affected.

Port Moody, BC

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just to let you all know, I had ALL the same issues as you. But rather than just deal with level one or two people - along with tech suport that knew nothing - I looked online and learned about escalating issues higher than level two. All you need to do is do a search for Office of the President and you may find a more receptive voice. It worked for me, and I'm happiy using a Galaxy Nexus now. I miss the 40+ Mbps I got when LTE worked, but I enjoy the lack of headaches a lot more.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I'm having problems connecting to the LTE network... it actually says unable to connect, I have to send a text 6 times, (it says fail) and then someone receives it.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

At this point i have stoped using LTE on my phone all together,  there are too many issues with calls and text not being received and i dont seem to be having this issue when strickly HSPA.  i have tickets open with rogers and they have confirmed that they are having issues with the phone not switching back to LTE after it receiving a call or gettting stuck and the network just cant see it.

This is really a big disapointment with this phone

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

At this point one would wonder if Rogers is actually going to fix this issue or let me it. This is why not a lot of people are buying LTE data plan. Its not working like its supposed to be. It should work just fine when making a phone call or text or anything. IT should not stall or anything while making a phone call. I was speaking to a few Rogers managers over the phone & they did tell me they are having way to many issues with the LTE network & they are seeing people calling in & canceling the LTE data plan due to the problems its having.