Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE not receiving calls on LTE network

I wonder if this problem is wide spread, or if it's only an issue in specific Markets? I haven't seen much, if any complaints in the U.S.? Are most of you in the Ottawa area? If it's a local problem, but with a high density of users it might be corrected without too much delay?
Highlighted

Well as I said back on December 10th, the problem is in the LTE technology.

m.bgr.com/2012/02/02/qualcomm-performs-the-first-successful-voice-over-lte-call-with-handover-to-wcdma/
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I am getting sick and tired of having the same issues over and over again, so I am not going to even type it out in my own words. I will cut and paste Gropper's earlier post as I am having the exact same issues. If Rogers does not promptly and decisively address this issue I am prepared to take them to small claims court to get out of my contract, providing they do not allow me to do so.

Having to constantly ask people to send you test texts and calls is a ridiculous way of operating.

Well it seems that this is still an issue as its been happening to me in Ottawa, my phone tonight goes directly to voice mail when someone calls, although I am still able to make calls and send and receive texts messages. I also called a friend in the area that has the same phone and it also went directly to voice mail. I called Rogers and the tech said they know about it and are working on solutions, it is a good phone but this issue is a real problem. Having to worry about weather or not I can receive a call, is not a fun "FEATURE" of this phone.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Even if you take them to small claim courts the courts will side with Rogers seeing as no where on the contract does i say if you do not like the way the service is provided you do not have to pay to cancel the contact. I can understand the way you are saying it but if you can not make phone calls on LTE then just turn off LTE & use 4G for the time being until they bring a fix to the LTE network.

I am trying to understand why Rogers does not fix the LTE network. I can understand it was just launched in November but give me a break they need to fix it. Rogers seems to be playing around with people. I guess they do not understand that this is something that needs to get fixed or else people will cancel & go with another carrier. Rogers seems to only care about the money they bring in instead of the costumers. Ted Rogers is most likely turning in his grave.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just wondering if anyone has an update on this issue?

I got my phone just before christmas, they swaped out phone and sim card and still having the same issue.  I work in the Pinecrest area near Ikea and that is where i'm having the issues of incoming calls going straight to voicemail and not getting texts - UNLESS I keep my network on GSM.   As soon as I go east I have no issues.

My colleague at work and his wife have the same issue with both their phone, they've been told that escalation will call them back and haven't heard anything in over a week.

I opened another ticket yesterday and no call back yet.

Tech support checked to coverage area and said i'm smack in the middle of coverage.  Funny thing is that where I live, HUnt Club/Conroy area they told me that I am JUST out of reach from the LTE network however I have NO issues at home.

Keep calling tech support! Demand to speak to a manager/supervisor! Tell them that you'll post the problem every where you can! Post an Ad on Kijji Get Mad and let them know!!!
It took me over a year to finally get rogers to confirm what I already knew about a tower problem in my home area! Now they're telling me that they are building three new towers!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since my last post a week ago I have called Rogers at least half a dozen times more. I no longer run my LTE phone in LTE mode. I have been running it in GSM/HSPA mode. I have complained and complained. Everytime I call I have to start explaining everything from scratch to a new person who assures me they can help me, and/or are going to get to the bottom of it.

Last week, I got a manager at Rogers to agree to take my phone back if the problem is not resolved promptly. This week, Rogers tells me they have no record of me speaking to said person and there are no notes on my record about returning the phone, even though the manager said she was adding notes to my account.

I have esclated this issue several times. If this problem is not solved in the next few days I will be forced to call/email higher up in Rogers.

Other than that the only other recourse is to call newspapers and technology websites and expose this issue!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rezadue,

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks, RogersDarrell

Highlighted

RogersDarrell, it might be useful to know the cause of the problem? Perhaps once rezadue's issue is resolved you could inform the Community?
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@shaggyskunk wrote:
RogersDarrell, it might be useful to know the cause of the problem? Perhaps once rezadue's issue is resolved you could inform the Community?

Yes please. I too am one of those unable to receive calls or messages while phone is on the LTE network. I first thought this was an isolated issue where I was the only one affected but there are others stuck with the same issue.

My device: Samsung Galaxy S II LTE on an LTE plan by Rogers.

My location: Port Moody, BC

Thanks Smiley Happy