Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

If you take it back to Samsung or Best by they will charge you 100+ for the fix & labor. I suggest you loom at a 3rd party store that fixes phones in Vancouver that can do it for cheap. If you are willing to pay to send the phone to Samsung & pay 100+ to fix it then Call Samsung & see what they can do. You need to send it by mail to Samsung from what i know because there is not Samsung Dealer around there.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I bought this phone a week ago and I cannot recreate the problem.  😕

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok, I need to chime in on this discussion because it actually is kind of misleading people on this phone.  My personal opinion and everyone is entitled to their own, this phone has been excellent since my replacement.  The first had no screen issues what so ever, and every single Samsung phone I got never had it and that was coming from a Samsung Captivate.  The first SGSII LTE I got had a strange problem it overheated but that was something that caught me off guard Rogers promptly replaced it.  Even though I had the over heating there was nothing wrong with the display in fact I am very much amazed at how much more clearer and crisper the text appeared on this display compared with the Razr.  Yes I had the Razr and in fact 3 of them and two infuse 4G, the Razr was a total dud for me and the two infuse well lets just say it just works.  The 2 Rarz's had reboot issues and the 3rd just died, the screen was very pixelated looking even though it had a higher res screen.  So for a Hardware stand point Samsung seems to be doing a great job of it and their AMoled is just great.  The Samsung AMoled is only going to get better and going to get more flexible in the coming year if not months. 

Amoleds are produced using Organic Emiting Diodes, meaning they are basically ink like substances sprayed onto a glass surface, or plastic and placed in a matrix between insulating layers of transparent conductive electrodes.  When a charge is put through these layers the material actually releases photons because of properties of the Organic Molecules.  Sometimes the layers are not uniform because of the way they print the layers.  The problem might correct itself overtime because as the Organic Molecules get used they tend to wear overtime and become more uniform with the rest of the screen.  Yup there is a life span for Organic Emitting Diodes not sure if anyone really knows about that, by the way the blue pixels are the shortest of the rest of the colours.

Also what everyone seems to be missing here is that it seems who ever is seeing this is also indicating that they are seeing it in the Gallery or a movie.  Not really sure if the user is aware that in most mpeg images or jpeg pixels are not uniform and tend to have noise introduced as a result.  Unless your watching a compression free movie or direct AVI file true AVI not compressed Divx or mpeg then maybe you won't get the mpeg noise.  Also I've noticed that in the Gallery it seems to take the last image you viewed whether it's a black background or not it is displayed in the background of the gallery.

Sorry for the long post but seriously I have not seen this issue and I've tried hard to replicate this on my phone and nothing.  I don't work for samsung but saying something and convincing others that this phone is flawed is simply scaring away people that maybe drawn to the great specs this phone has to offer.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I don't have any issues with blobs, but my screen has the very profound vertical lines and looks very grainy. The resolution is less than the iphone 4, but it shouldn't look this terrible. Darker screens make them very visible and it's quite annoying.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

The Samsung SGH-I727R I have purchased in January appears to have a visible screen fabrication defect. When viewing any darker (black) pictures or dark movie scenes in particular the screen appears to have what I would like to describe as "stains" and this was NOT present on neither past iPhone I have owned. This is unacceptable and allegedly all SGH-I727's have this problem. I'm asking here whether or not I can go into a Rogers store and exchange this piece of junk for an iPhone 4S. I'm pretty sure some Twitter, Facebook exposure of this would bring a lot of attention and many dissapointed customers. I was not made aware at the time of purchase the device has a defect.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It's not a defect, it's the crappy quality of the movie you're watching...

The SGS 2's SAMOLED Plus display is one of the best displays on the market, blows away the iPhone 4/4S' display.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Achilles.. My screen is freaking Awesome! If you dislike the phone so much, why didn't you return it when you could have made an exchange?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Do you have an anti glare screen? If so it's hard to tell. If your screen is clean try viewing certain dark pictures and HD movie scenes it will show a pattern of lines. It's not easy to spot. Need a trained eye but it's there. Still unacceptable from one of the best devices of late 2011. I'll see if I can take a few screens and post them here later or tom.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I've got the regular sgh i727r. No matter what the screen brightness.... My screen looks perfect! I know that some people were having problems.... I'm just one of the lucky ones ^o^

Highlighted
I've Been Around

About a month ago I sent my phone in for repairs (for this problem) I couldn't return the phone because I didn't notice the dead pixels (verticle grey lines) within the first 15 days of use.

After pointing out the problem to the Roger's Rep, he noticed it IMMEDIATELY and said "Wow. Dude, those are dead pixels, we're gonna get that fixed"

I had absolutely no problem with Roger's customer service.

Just last Saturday (April 7th, 2012) I picked up my phone after receiving an email of it's arrival.

I turn on the phone to find that the memory was formatted (erased), I assumed that was because they replaced the hardware inside. What is the first thing I see? THE GREY LINES, the dead pixels are STILL there. After closer inspection, I noticed the scratch that was previous on the bezel was STILL there.

I watched a disassemble video of the Galaxy SII LTE and the screen is literally HALF the phone, to replace the screen they'd have to replace the front half of the phone. Now I was sceptical of whether they even replaced anything.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf6jqYejWNU

I also had two horizontal gold lines (as if some of the pixels were tinted/coloured gold) on the top half of the screen starting from the edge and running halfway across. It could only been seen in certain lighting condition, but with a flashlight shined directly on the screen they were clearly visible.

What did I do? I pulled out a flashlight and checked to see if these horizontal gold lines were still there... and to no surprise THEY WERE.

Samsung didn't replace **bleep**. I sent my phone in for a simple screen replacement (UNDER WARRENTY) and they didn't replace ANYTHING. They simply looked at my phone, erased the memory, and sent it back hoping I would be fooled by the memory wipe into thinking they replaced the hardware.

I am thoroughly PISSED. I'm only 17 and $200 is a lot of money for me; especially when signing up for a 3 year contract. If I'm going to be using a SUPERPHONE that is reputed and advertised to be one of the most HIGHEND devices I expect it to be exactly that, especially when it is priced as $600. I understand that mass production issues happen, but I at least expect them to repair my phone.

This isn't a problem with everyone of these phones, as many others report not even having the dead pixels (ghost lines), the american versions don't have this issue.

Tomorrow I'm going into Roger's to inform them of samsung's bull**bleep** and demand a new replacement for my phone.

This is absolutely unexceptable. They didn't even bother to look at the phone. They just simply memory wiped it, held onto it for 3 weeks, then sent it back.

If they peeps at Roger's refuse to give me a replacement, I will **bleep**ing SNAP and forcefully take one. What the **bleep** kind of service is this? It's not that hard to repair a phone, and if it's that much effort, at least send me back a brand new one. It's NOT THAT HARD.

Now not only is my warrenty used up once (you can send your phone in on warrenty 2 times on the 1 year warrenty, and after that if you need to send it in again you only have 90 days of new warrenty) but my phone isn't even repaired. Infact it's worse, I swear one of them dropped it as well. There's more nicks than before.

Bull**bleep** service + no repairs + shipping damage = COMPENSATION.

Any tips would be helpful, and if anyone else has this problem, DO REPLY. I'm ready to show the Roger's Rep this very topic to give proof.