Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

Achilles it's a known issue with the screens some come broken straight from the manufacturer. Do a bit of googling there is an XDA thread on this.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The "skyrocket" version of the S2 is known to have these screen problems. Seems to be a calibration issue that both samsung and rogers are blatantly ignoring. The screen does have a lower resolution than the iphone so there's not much more to expect.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Please do show them this. Nobody seems to believe me when I tell them and they can't even notice the vertical lines! Is everyone going blind or something? 

I contacted samsung SEVERAL times and they are ignoring the issue despite the fact that I send them this link every single time. I even asked, "did you see the link that I posted?"

They're customer support seems to be completely automated so I don't think they really care. I like this phone, but the fact that they're ignoring such a blatant issue is the reason that I will definitely not be going back to a samsung phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are not the only one. Those lines are on the Galaxy nexus as well. Most phones running Amoled screen have this problem.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@GaryD wrote:

Ok, I need to chime in on this discussion because it actually is kind of misleading people on this phone.  My personal opinion and everyone is entitled to their own, this phone has been excellent since my replacement.  The first had no screen issues what so ever, and every single Samsung phone I got never had it and that was coming from a Samsung Captivate.  The first SGSII LTE I got had a strange problem it overheated but that was something that caught me off guard Rogers promptly replaced it.  Even though I had the over heating there was nothing wrong with the display in fact I am very much amazed at how much more clearer and crisper the text appeared on this display compared with the Razr.  Yes I had the Razr and in fact 3 of them and two infuse 4G, the Razr was a total dud for me and the two infuse well lets just say it just works.  The 2 Rarz's had reboot issues and the 3rd just died, the screen was very pixelated looking even though it had a higher res screen.  So for a Hardware stand point Samsung seems to be doing a great job of it and their AMoled is just great.  The Samsung AMoled is only going to get better and going to get more flexible in the coming year if not months. 

Amoleds are produced using Organic Emiting Diodes, meaning they are basically ink like substances sprayed onto a glass surface, or plastic and placed in a matrix between insulating layers of transparent conductive electrodes.  When a charge is put through these layers the material actually releases photons because of properties of the Organic Molecules.  Sometimes the layers are not uniform because of the way they print the layers.  The problem might correct itself overtime because as the Organic Molecules get used they tend to wear overtime and become more uniform with the rest of the screen.  Yup there is a life span for Organic Emitting Diodes not sure if anyone really knows about that, by the way the blue pixels are the shortest of the rest of the colours.

Also what everyone seems to be missing here is that it seems who ever is seeing this is also indicating that they are seeing it in the Gallery or a movie.  Not really sure if the user is aware that in most mpeg images or jpeg pixels are not uniform and tend to have noise introduced as a result.  Unless your watching a compression free movie or direct AVI file true AVI not compressed Divx or mpeg then maybe you won't get the mpeg noise.  Also I've noticed that in the Gallery it seems to take the last image you viewed whether it's a black background or not it is displayed in the background of the gallery.

Sorry for the long post but seriously I have not seen this issue and I've tried hard to replicate this on my phone and nothing.  I don't work for samsung but saying something and convincing others that this phone is flawed is simply scaring away people that maybe drawn to the great specs this phone has to offer.

Have you even seen the pictures? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1320942