Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

Since you're on the Rogers forum I assume you meant S2 LTE. The S2 has a slightly bigger battery, NFC on the S2 and screen technology differences. You're looking at SAMOLED+ at 400x800 vs the SLCD on a qHD resolution on the Raider. Dev support and potential will be determined in the near future but that's another story. It's basically just Sense vs Touchwiz.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S2 has Gorilla Glass too.

Mobile Syrup reviewed both the Raider and Galaxy S2 LTE.

Samsung has also committed to updating the Galaxy S2 line to Ice Cream Sandwich in Q1 2012.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Apparently Samsung is aware of some screen issues. This is from Samsung's U.S. site, so not everything will apply. Here is the link

http://m.samsung.com/us/support/allQuestion.do?prd_mdl_name=SGH-I727

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone had any updates with the screen issue?

I don't get blobs, i only have that brushed aluminum screen going on, but usually only occurs during transitions.

If I could get rid of it in general, I'd be happier.

Are the new S2's free of this issue? was this a batch problem?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to Future Shop and tested their display phone using the "blobs.jpg" that is mentioned on the XDA Developers forum for reproducing the issue and the display phone did not have the issue.  *shrug*

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I got my phone today and I have this issue, is there any fix?

I Plan to Stick Around

For those who got replacement phones, where did you call to make the request?

I bought my phone at Bestbuy more than 30 days ago and the SIM pin is already broken after swapping several SIM cards a few times.

Do I have to send it back or bring it to an authorized Samsung dealer?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@rogersfan. I won't ask you what possible reasons you might have had for swapping your Sim out so often.....?

I would say that your only option at this point would be to go back to best buy & hope that they'll just give you a replacement, rather than make you wait while they send it back under warranty... I would suggest that you avoid discussing ALL "ins & outs".
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Why in the world would you keep swapping sim card on the phone :/.. I can understand if the original sim card you had broke & you bought another one but a few times? Cmon. You tech damaged the phone your self... Best Buy will not swap him with another phone. They will look at it & tell him either he broke it OR they might fix it but he has to pay.

Samsung will not do anything other then just look at it & see what is wrong. They will tell you if its going to cost something Or its going to be free under the warranty. Warranty does not cover swapping sim cards all the time from what i know.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I posted a question asking where to find a repair center or authorized Samsung dealer in Vancouver, but instead I got two extra questions asking me why and how I broke it 🙂

ok, I'd answer anyway. First, I had a Rogers data card that was partially used. Then I activated a new line. And to unlock it, I had to use another carrier's SIM. So between all that, one of the SIM pins snapped 😞

By the way, I'm not looking for a free replacement, just wondering where I should send it back to, as Bestbuy already told me not to go back to them at all since I didn't buy thier 3-year extended warranty of $13/month. I would gladly pay for the repair/replacement.