Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S2 LTE Screen Problems

thank you Rogers_Kate for editing my content. Please see if you can contact Rogers/Samsung to deal with this issue. 

If only Rogers pay attention to their customers like the way you moderate the forums, there will be less dissatisfied customers Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I got my replacement phone yesterday.  The screen on it is much better, still has faint vertical lines, but happy to say no "blobs". I'm definitely happier with the new phone.

I noticed that there is a big difference in colour and brightness between the 2 screens though.  The replacement phone's screen is a lot brighter, even when the screens are both at the lowest setting.  When displaying the same image on both phones the colours look different as well, but I'm not sure if that is because of the brightness.  I find it strange that the phone screens seem to be calibrated so differently.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep, the product seems to have been very poorly tested before being sent to customers.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If the screen issue is so prevalent, I would have thought that there would have been mass returns?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE (i727R) in Ottawa roughly a week or so ago and I havent really noticed too many of the faults listed here. I get an extremely small amount of that "brushed" aluminium look people have been describing but that is only when the display is set to either auto brightness or a really low setting. I find myself using my phone in a very large variety of lighting conditions and the display has always remained consistent. This might be indicative of the listed problems not affecting all i727R's..or perhaps I should just consider myself one of the lucky ones hah.

- Dan

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There must have been, however they don't seem to be taking actions. I myself have returned three phones.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I'm getting this phone tomorrow and if I do end up wanting the HTC Raider can I exchange as long as my airtime is >30mins but data used?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You can return the phone back AS LONG as you DO NOT go over 30 minutes of air time & OR 15 days. Data is not really cared of because they only care about the air time.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Ok sweet stuff thanks! My dad is getting an HTC Raider so I'll be able to test them both out, whichever one I like I'll keep. 😄

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

to be completely honest, I wanted to go SG S2 as well..looks like I'll have to go HTC Raider..

This is why companies like Apple win..Im no fanboy (current iphone 3G user) but any consumer should learn to appreciate the warranty and loyalty after the sale of the product.

Completely random but besides the screen size difference, what else is different from the Raider and Galaxy S2?