Galaxy S2 Bluetooth

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S2 Bluetooth

Try turning off wifi prior to turning on bluetooth...they both seem to be on similar frequencies. I have an app called tasker which helps automate all kinds of things on your phone. Learning curve is a little steep but once you get the gist of it, you will absolutely love this app....worth at least double what they charge....read the reviews in marketplace

I Plan to Stick Around

i rarely turn on wifi. the only time i use wifi is for kies air. other than that, its off.

I Plan to Stick Around

The frequency of the BT hangs is getting crazy. Additionally, the "phone process" is crashing occasionally resulting in the clock time setting to GMT and turning LTE off.
Wifi doesn't seem to have any corelation from what I see.
I hear the US version is updated to 2.3.6. I wonder when are we going to get an update? I hope rogers and samsung recognize that there is a problem here.
I still love the phone, for everything except for being a phone....
I've Been Around

I have a 2009 Acura and I'm suffering from the same disconnect issues.  I never had these issues with my old bberry.  The audio simply drops out, and attempts to turn bluetooth on/off hang.  I end up rhaving to reset the phone in order to recover.  Frustrating!    I agree - I hope there is a fix soon!

I've Been Around

Same here on my Audi RS4 (2008).  Bluetooth worked flawlessly in this car with my Blackberry Torch 9800..and a friend with a Telus S2 (non-LTE) paired up to my car with no problem/no disconnecting/reconnecting etc.

Has anyone found anything that may help?  I found this on an android forum, however I frankly haven't a clue how to approach this.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good news for those who are having the repeated Bluetooth connect/disconnect issues with their cars. Ever since I got 2.3 my phone pretty much turned into a brick because it just would not stay connected with my 2012 Honda Civic.

After searching the internet for hours and consulting some other threads on here I finally have a solution.

If you are having this issue; this is what you need to do

1. Clear/delete your phone settings from the car
2. Get root for your phone
3. Get root explorer or similar program
4. Go to /data/Misc/Bluetoothd and delete all folders
5. Go to /system/app/
6. Long click on bluetoothpbap.apk and rename to bluetoothpbap.apk.bak
7. Reboot your phone
8. Reconnect and Re-pair your phone with you car

My phone now stays connected! Hope you have similar success. If for whatever reason you have unrelated issues just rename the bluetoothpbab file and reboot. Best of luck.

KC

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S2 Bluetooth disconnection problems fixed

I had the same random disconnect issues with my 2011 Ford Explorer Sync.  After trying a number of remedies, I was finally able to rectify it.  

My phone had an older SIM card that I had used in an non-LTE phone.  Once I upgraded to the LTE SIM everything worked fine.  I also had issues trying to set up the hotspot feature which did not work well when trying to connect with other wifi devices.  All systems work perfectly now.

I've Been Here Awhile

Buy a new bluetooth if possible. Might solve the problem. Connecting it to the car doesnt work with mine also.

I've Been Here Awhile

Try calling your car dealership or bring the issue with them, maybe they can help.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S2 Bluetooth disconnection problems fixed - Update

My bluetooth crapped out again after just a few days with my new LTE SIMM card.  So I continued my search for a solution.

I tried a variety of solutions provided on the forums but the one that really worked was reverting my OS from ICS 4.0.3 back to Gingerbread.   That worked fine, and then I upgraded the firmware to ICS 4.04.

Its been over  a week now and there have been no problems what so ever. Very happy with my Skyrocket now.

It was an easy inexpensive solution that is certainly worth trying.

Hope this helps.