Galaxy S2 Bluetooth

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S2 Bluetooth

Anyone else having problems with the Bluetooth randomly disconnecting? Particularly from my Acura?

******* Edit labels ********

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S2 Bluetooth

I'm having problems as well. I'm hoping its something simple and will be fixed in an update but I'm pretty sure its common across skyrockets.

Anyone have a phone who's Bluetooth works flawlessly?
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh good. I'm not alone. There are more issues when I stream a2dp to the car. It streams fine to my rocketfish bt speaker but not to my car. It gets all choppy.
Unexpectedly, my Galaxy tab streams fine to both. My understanding is the gs2 has more processing power so it's probably an issue with the gs2's Bluetooth thingy.
I really do hope they fix this.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Chuckee wrote:
Oh good. I'm not alone. There are more issues when I stream a2dp to the car. It streams fine to my rocketfish bt speaker but not to my car. It gets all choppy.
Unexpectedly, my Galaxy tab streams fine to both. My understanding is the gs2 has more processing power so it's probably an issue with the gs2's Bluetooth thingy.
I really do hope they fix this.

Hmm...  I've been using the GS2LTE with two Bluetooth headsets... one mono (Blue Ant) and one A2DP (Motorola) and both have been fine.   I listen to a lot of podcasts on the Blue Ant while driving, and music at work on the Motorola.  No problems.

However, there have been cases where I've been unable to turn off Bluetooth on the GS2LTE, and have had to power the phone off.

Also tried to setup DUN with the GS2LTE... it's not included in the phone (what a fail.... I have a 10 year old Ericsson T39m that supports DUN over Bluetooth...  Android is so lame) but I didn't have much luck with aftermarket DUN stacks.

I Plan to Stick Around

try turning off your wifi
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I as well occasionally get my Sony stero Bluetooth headphones disconnecting. It happens only when there's an extended period of no audio coming from the phone. It will reconnect instantly however (or within a few seconds) when audio is being received again. I attributed this to a power saving method in the ROM. I have yet to try flashing a third party ROM to find out if this is the case, but it seems like the most logical explanation.

I Plan to Stick Around

I seem to have found a correlation with Bluetooth performance. It seems that if I'm running the GPS, Bluetooth flakes out. My call quality also goes down the tubes with GPS running.
Seems to help if I clear the ram. This is pretty annoying. I hope they fix this.
I've Been Around

there are times where my "bluetooth" or "flight mode" gets hung up... i press bluetooth to activate it and it beeps but never actually turns on despite pressing it over and over. the only way to reset it seems to be to turn off and on again. occasionally the same thing happens when i hit the flight mode button and the wireless network or wifi  bars are continually displayed but hen i turn off an on agan the flight mode icon is then displayed...

hope its addressed on a firmware update.

I've Been Around

Having same issue in my 2010 Hyundai Tucson, Bluetooth rarely connects and when it does either people cannot hear me or it does not download my contacts so I can't do a call "by name".  All other phones I have tries work fine, its a real turn off. 

A reboot sometimes works, killing the service sometimes works... I was thinking that it might be because it is using Bluetooth 3.0 and some devices with older version have a different transfer rate?  I don't know, its causing me a lot of grief, I have the SII LTE, its great apart from that but this is a function that people absolutely need to work properly...

Maybe its just some phones that are lemons and the Bluetooth module is garbage, a bad batch?  I want to try and get the device replaced with a new one and see.

I Plan to Stick Around

i just have problems tryin to turn on my bluetooth sometimes. ill turn on bluetooth but itll just say "turning on". i have to reset the phone just to fix the problem. sometimes it doesnt connect to my car head unit. id have to turn my bluetooth on and off a few times. using a CZ501 clarion head unit