Galaxy S III - Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy S III - Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

After puchasing Galaxy S III and applying some inital setings to the existing application (accounts in Rogers, Google, Samsung) started getting  annoying error messages "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped." when running the default web broswer.

Any suggestion what com.google.process.gapps is and how to troubleshoot it?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy S III - Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

As you can find in various forums the soultion is to go to Setings -> Accounts and Sync -> your google account then uncheck "Sync Internet". Works like a charm.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Galaxy S III - Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

It has to do with your contact list... odds are, there is a corrupt contact(s) somewhere.

Have you tried doing a factory reset? menu/system settings/backup and restore/factory data reset

If so, and it didn't work, try this:

1. Back up contacts on phone by exporting to SD
  2. Back up contacts on Gmail by exporting CSV.
  3. Turn off Data and sync for gmail account.
  4. DELETE all contacts on phone and gmail.
  5. Reboot phone.Turn on data.
  6. Go to accounts and open gmail account. sync contacts manually. If you recieve an error stating too many deletes, select undo deletes (if there is a corupt contact file this will show it).
  7. Go to contacts. You may have a contact named "Unknown" with no info. Name this contact (ie "Delete Me") and assign it a bogus #, then save contact.
  8. Go back to Accounts and re-syn contacts... No errors, hopefully
  9. Delete all contacts from phone again.
  10. Go to gmail and delete any contacts that sync'd - Import Contacts on Gmail from backed up file.
  11. Re-sync phone and all contacts (should be restored now, without any errors).

Good luck!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

As you can find in various forums the soultion is to go to Setings -> Accounts and Sync -> your google account then uncheck "Sync Internet". Works like a charm.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Use the "sync internet" option before the reset option. It worked for me.