Galaxy S Captivate: customize "ribbon"?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prkaye
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy S Captivate: customize "ribbon"?

On the galaxy S captivate, there is a sort of 'ribbon' that appears at the bottom of the main pages, that has buttons for "Phone, email, browswer and contacts".

Question - is there any way to customize this?  The reason I ask, is that I'm having greater success using the Samsung Social hub application for fast delivery of my windows live email than I did using hte Samsung email app.  So I want to remove the Samsung email app from this ribbon and replace it with the Samsung social hub app.  I know how to add and delete apps from the main pages, but as far as I can tell the shortcuts on this ribbon appear to be fixed.  Is there a way to customize this?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
CorrenaCorrena
I've Been Around

Re: Galaxy S Captivate: customize "ribbon"?

Yep you can!

Click applications

Then on the page button on the bottom left (not sure what it is called but it looks like a page to me)

Click Edit

then you can drag out whatever you want to remove and drag in whatever icon you want

Then press the page button and click save or just press the back button

View solution in original post

All Replies
CorrenaCorrena
I've Been Around

Yep you can!

Click applications

Then on the page button on the bottom left (not sure what it is called but it looks like a page to me)

Click Edit

then you can drag out whatever you want to remove and drag in whatever icon you want

Then press the page button and click save or just press the back button

View solution in original post

prkaye
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks!  That worked perfectly.