Galaxy Note stupidity issue!!!!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Galaxy Note stupidity issue!!!!!!

Who's hair brained idea was it to lock the bookmarks in the default browser? I don't go to ANY of the sites in there and I want them GONE! Any ideas?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note stupidity issue!!!!!!

Yeah, delete them!
Hit the "star" for the bookmarks, then hit menu.. you can change the order & delete..
Just where is the "hair brained idea"?

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has gone and locked the bookmarks so they can't be deleted. That's the hair brained idea. No matter what way u try to remove then YOU CAN'T.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed. It's not Samsung or Google. It's Rogers that is doing this. They get the update from Google & modify it to their liking.

ShadNuke, well I guess you have a couple of choices..use Dolphin HD, (excellent btw) xScope (not bad either), root your phone & remove the stock browser, then reinstall the default browser apk. I'm not sure how long this post will stay here.... Apparently, I've been keeping Rogers_Darrell rather busy the last little while 😄

I Plan to Stick Around

Just doesn't make sense to me. If I want to own something, I don't want their hands holding it while I'm looking in. I'll wait the 90 days and get the unlock code so I can do what I want, or just wait it out and root once I know there is a stable com out there. Did rogers screw the people out of rooting the nexus like it was meant to be, from the manufacturer?

I couldn't agree more!! You're not renting the phone... You OWN IT! If you buy a laptop from BB, or FS, you EXPECT to have ADMINISTRATOR privileges to the o/s...!
Just out of PRINCIPLE, I'd ROOT my phone!
If I worked for The Acme Whatever Co. & they GAVE me a laptop to use for work, I'd begrudgingly accept that they could decide what I can & can't do with THEIR property... That's not the case here!
Rogers_Whomever, I look forward to your censorship 😛

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've seen the same thing on some AT&T based custom roms for my Captivate.

Here's the solution to your problem:

Go to the google android market (I guess they call it the "Play Store" now) and download a free app called "Bookmark Sort & Backup".

Once you have that you can launch it and from there you can delete/manage bookmarks - even the "stuck" default ones that you see in the stock browser.

I agree you shouldn't have to jump through these hoops and those junk bookmarks make the concept of "bookmarks" useless by cluttering it up but this will at least solve your problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

Actually, unless you bought the phone outright and unlocked (IE: paying $650+ for it up front from a retailer other than a carrier), you are renting the phone until your contract is up (1 month to 3 years if you got the phone from a carrier), so either way, you don't actually own the phone...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Red_Wolf! Now if there was only a way to do this with apps!