Galaxy Note 5 - Pre-Installed Apps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy Note 5 - Pre-Installed Apps

I understand some OEM apps maybe important for the overall experience of the phone.  But as a new Samsung Galaxy Note 5 user I do not understand why I am not allowed to disable:

"Internet" (Chrome is there.. that's all I want)
Music  (Spotify thank you)

Video  (VLC, Netflix)

Scrapbook   (really?)

These apps specifically do not appear to be core to the phone's operation and really should be able to be disabled (or even better uninstalled).  So why doesn't Samsung (or Rogers) allow this?  I know you can move them to folders etc.  That said I'm occasionally prompted to choose between Internet and Chrome.. and I notice that even though i don't use Music, Video they popup as running background tasks.  This is just silly and I think degrading to the user experience.

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Galaxy Note 5 - Pre-Installed Apps

Try package disabler pro. Costs a couple bucks. Worth it
I Plan to Stick Around

Following apps can be found on Google Play (that will help you remove OEM apps):

Root App Delete

App Master (Uninstall Master)

In my experience those 2 are the best.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Package disabler pro is your friend. It doesn't need root, doesn't affect the warranty, and can be undone with a few clicks.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks.. I didn't realize this kind of thing was possible when disable was disabled in the standard android apps screen!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @digitaljustin

Nope it's all there for us to remove the pre installed apps. Some just hide the app instead of removing it. To fully remove the pre installed apps u need root but those apps listed above are great!