Galaxy Note 2 missing multi-tasking feature

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 2 missing multi-tasking feature

Yes i did. My mistake on that part. My apologizes on that.

That is true but the carriers & the manufactures had deals for the updates. Its not like apple where the deal is that Apple controls the updates.

We have seen this happen before tho. Critical updates take longer because Rogers wants every single device not having issues & they take a few months to give us the updates. This happened with the Lumia 900 last year. Took 2 months later to get the update which we needed

I do wish the carriers would not control the updates but we will never see that for a long time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry if I came off a little rude, didn't mean to, just a little frustrated. I've only had my Note 2 for 3 weeks so I'm learning a bit of the annoyances that come along with carriers being in control. Coming from an iPhone and being someone who hates control being taken from them, I get aggrevated easily.

That's what I was afraid of and that's one of the biggest issues with carriers having control over updates. They didn't create the device or the OS, they shouldn't have any control.

I believe mobile phones are the the only devices that give up such control. Either the device is open and full control is given to the user, or the device is locked down and no one touches it except people who mod.

I would love for the government to step in, but like you said, they never will. They're too busy playing games. 😉

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This thread is confusing multi-tasking with the multi-window view in 4.1.2.

The Rogers Note2 does certainly multi-task -ie. you can convert a video format while doing other things, and it will work in the background.

The new 4.1.2 update to multi-window is not out yet.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So we are finally going to receive the update. It is scheduled for tomorrow as posted in mobile syrup.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone

The update is out. Remember not everyone will get it at the same time.

Source: http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/02/06/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-update-to-os-4-1-2-now-available-brings-mul...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I woke up this morning to find a much awaited update downloaded. Took about 5 minutes to install and reboot.

Voila, the coveted multi-view. It's about time : )

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Good news! FEB 06, 2013, NEW Software  updates on Note 2!  Multi-tasking feature is actived!!! 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Got my update but my multi window feature still doesnt work
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Well, we've finally received Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with MULTI-WINDOW!!!

I'm pretty excited as i've been waiting for this since launch! What does everyone think of it? Any problems updating your firmware?

I threw together this little video on youtube just showing any phone newbies out there how to back up their phone, update to the new firmware and I show off multi-window for the first time in Canada.

Enjoy!

-Ironside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRvE80lRs0

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone having brightness issues since update? My brightness changes when i go to the internet now?