Galaxy Note 2 missing multi-tasking feature

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 2 missing multi-tasking feature

Hello sgtoca68

That is good to know! The problem now is that we need multi - View on the note 2. Rogers now has to release this update soon!
peggytrank
I've Been Around

Isn't the update out yet?????

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello peggytrank

No the update is not out yet. As I said in my post above, you can find what updates Rogers will release on the " " OS Upgrade Schedule". It could be possible that they release it without any of us knowing but it all depends. Here is the link to that post. Keep checking it every week for more info if they add it. The will also post on their Facebook page & Twitter page if its out.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/355
dave_w_h
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting to see the last update on the link to Rogers Updates was on August 20, 2012.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dave_w_h

You are wrong. That date is when the post was first posted. The last time they updated it was Wednesday. Here you go:

08-20-2012 10:27 AM - last edited Wednesday by Rogers_Kate
alamarco
I Plan to Stick Around

The Note II isn't even on the list!

I'll definitely be doing a custom upgrade next weekend.

I knew that Samsung and Rogers had to do their own things to the firmware before releasing, I just didn't think it was this bad. Firmware has been out for a while now and it's not even on Rogers radar.

As usual, if us Canadians want anything done we have to do it ourselves.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alamarco

That is because Rogers either has not gotten the update from Samsung OR Rogers has not finished testing it and such. No one really knows.

Yes Rogers takes months to update their phones with the new software. At times I wonder if they actually are doing anything. It doesn't take more then 1 month for the developers to test a firmware and send it out.

alamarco
I Plan to Stick Around

It's just that by the Note II not even being on the list, that is implying to me that they haven't even started on it. Of course we all know nothing on the status of the update, but if it was close you think Rogers wouldn't hide it and would have it on the list. It gives no hope of the update coming in January.

It's unfortunate that we have to rely on root access since updates lag so far behind.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Samsung Canada just said they will bring the update BUT never said when. Here is for more info

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/01/14/samsung-canada-says-the-upcoming-availability-of-galaxy-note-ii-je...

EDIT - Samsung Canada said this to MobileSyrup " “The Note II Update will be available through FOTA in the next week. Exact availability will vary by carrier"

So no one in the end will know when exacly Rogers will release it. That is the ONLY info you will get.

max123456
I've Been Around

Dear everybody;

Let's just hope and pray that Rogers would let us Note 2 users to
enjoy the multiwindow function on our device before bigger
things happen to other devices. Like all of you, I am disappointed.

Love and peace,
Max123