Galaxy Note 2 missing multi-tasking feature

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desi
I've Been Here Awhile

Galaxy Note 2 missing multi-tasking feature

I purchased a Samsung Note 2 with the understanding it would have the much advertised multi-tasking feature. This feature was even shown on video at the Samsung display at Future Shop. Is there any information on when or if this feature will be added in an update? Otherwise, I feel that this is a "bait and switch" and I will return the phone.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Galaxy Note 2 missing multi-tasking feature

Hello Desi

This question has been asked many times before as well. Samsung never added it on its current software. They are going to release it with the next update but never said when.. Here is more info:  

http://www.androidincanada.ca/android-apps/is-your-note-2-lacking-multi-view-dont-worry-its-coming/

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Desi

This question has been asked many times before as well. Samsung never added it on its current software. They are going to release it with the next update but never said when.. Here is more info:  

http://www.androidincanada.ca/android-apps/is-your-note-2-lacking-multi-view-dont-worry-its-coming/

View solution in original post

Miketko
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone have any idea when we can expect the update that brings multi tasking to the note 2. Pretty annoyed that Rogers hangs on to the updates for months before releasing. Im sure im not the only one surprised this feature is being held back

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Miketko

Like i have explained in the other threads about this, NO one knows when the update will come out which brings the Multi-tasking in it. Rogers will decide when its ready & push it out. No one has this info. It sad but its true. It takes months for them to push out a update.

Miketko
I Plan to Stick Around

Sad indeed, since this was a selling feature of the phone. Major fail. Its like promotion a car that parks itself and after you buy it they tell you this feature isnt available

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Miketko

We can not compare that AS some cars only have that & its optional in the car. We sadly can not compare that. You need to blame Samsung here as well as they never released that feature with the phone to begin with.

Miketko
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm blaming all the corporations involved who mislead the consumer

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers never mislead anyone sadly AS they never said the phone would have it. Samsung is the one that mislead everything.

The update should come out sometine BUT no one knows when. This is something Rogers does not say.

Miketko
I Plan to Stick Around

Its weak.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That's how carriers here in Canada are my friend. They will never say anything until the update comes out. OH Rogers may add it on the "OS Upgrade Schedule" thread BUT no one knows if they will or not. At this point no info has been given out.